September 7, 2011

Day 7 - We made it a week…

I can’t believe we made it a week with little to NO issues.  Seven days of no spending.  More specifically, no eating out, no coffees, no nuttin’ honey.  I love it!  It just goes to show you that even in a very busy family of four – where we are rarely sitting still for a second - it can be done!  Now three weeks to go…(gulp)

Also?  Please go visit Shelley and read this touching post about how not-spending and 30-Days of Nothing has brought her family back around the table.  Even with teens!

Ok - here’s my Day 7 Menu -

Breakfast:  Waffles.  I wish I could say I made them from scratch…because I do have a waffle maker…but alas…
Lunch: Chicken Soup (so creative, eh?)
Dinner: I’ll let you guess, but it begins with a “C” and ends with a “hipotle”!  Hot DAWG, people…read on!!


OK – here we go.  Are you ready for my insanely fabulous story?  Right.  So, I’m plugging along in my first week of the challenge, and I’m going through my very full inbox of 30-Days of Nothing responses.  Except, I stumble across an e-mail from a man named Greg.  And friends, Mr. G, it turns out, is from Chipotle.  Yes.  You read that right.  You see, as luck would have it -  his wife reads the blog (Hi, Miss Heather!) and they were going to be participating in the Empty Pantry Challenge.  (WHO KNEW!) But more than all of that…he was taking pity on me.  He was (giggle) touched by my strong affinity for Chipotle’s Burrito Bowl.   In light of having to go without for a month – he just wanted to help a sistah’ out, if ya feel me.  And BOY DID HE.  People….   I mean…..  People….(those are like gift cards down front…and in the back?  those are like “buyone-getone”.  Jackpot, baby!)

IMG_6115

Mr. Greg – I don’t even know where to start. But how about here:  

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou.  

Whew.  That feels better – but doesn’t really scratch the surface of how ridiculously giddy opening this package made me.  Good thing I was sitting down.  Pass the lime-salt and let’s get to eatin’.  We decided to look at this as Mr. G taking us out (long-distance) for dinner/lunch/dinner/lunch again.  Which technically?  Not a gift card.  Ahem.  Whatevs.  “I’m going”, I said out-loud.  And that I did, my friends.  That, I did…

And it was everything I hoped it would be.  Felt like I’d been away for a year, not a couple weeks.  Holy smackers.  I gobbled it right on down.

Thank you CHIPOTLE and THANK YOU Mr. G!  All my heart!!  Feeling a little misty now…

BTW – have you not ever been to Chipotle?  Oh my.  It’s the best thing to ever happen to your taste buds.  FAN-FREAKING-TABULOUS food.  Burritos.  Salads.  Tacos.  Burrito Bowls (drool).  Amazing Guacamole.  Don’t get me started on the Lime-Salted Chips.  GO NOW.  (Ok, wait...don't go until after the Challenge ends...I'm not encouraging (cough) spending...) 

Ok….got that out of my system.  {No Christie’s were paid for this shameless plug.  I just love it that much.}

Carry on.  As you were…

5 comments :

Coleen said...

LOVE THIS STORY!!! And you are absolutely hilarious and adorable:)

Coleen said...

LOVE THIS STORY!! Not to mention, you are hilarious and positively adorable:)

sweet momma luv u said...

Yippee!! 1 week down! You go Girl!! We can do it. Just think of all the yummy stuff you can get at Chipotle now! I am so jealous.....

Only 3 more weeks and 2 days but who is counting anyway. LOL......

Hugs,
Jody

Mussipitz said...

ohhhh... I just checked out Chipotle...

to bad we don't have it here in Germany...

I would love to sink my teeth in that food...

it looks so delicious...

We try to empty our pantry too, but unfortunately we are not so sucessfull as you are...

have a good month...

Andrea

Kayce said...

oooooooo that is so awesome!!! Like I said earlier...we JUST got a Chipotle here and it will be our dinner on October first!!!!! I CAN NOT wait!