February 22, 2008

WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!!!!!

I don't even know how to type this.....

I'm freaking out....

Today we got a call...

THE call...

You know...the kind that comes with lots of information and pictures...

OMG
OMG
OMG

Ya'll - we are PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we are FREAKING OUT!!!!!

Let's run down the day in short (or long) detail. I know you wanna know...so why hold out on you!

First off - normal day - nothing unusual. Dossier went to Ethiopia two weeks ago this coming Monday. We had a standard conference call scheduled for Monday with the agency. We assumed we would hear something at that time about where our dossier was - of course we expected it was still in translation - as was told to us originally.

I was out and about with my boss and the cell phone rang. It was AB.

Christie: "Hello?"

AB: "Where have you been?!?!?!? OMG!!! I've been trying to reach you!?!?!?!"

Christie "Why??? What happened? Who died?!?!?" (seriously...it went through my mind...)

AB: "WE HAVE A SON!!!! WE HAVE A SON!!!! OMG!!!! WE HAVE A SON!!!!"

Christie: "What? .........(silence.....) Huh? Say what now? Slow down. What did you just say?

AB: "WE HAVE A SON!!!! WE HAVE A SON!!!! OMG!!!! WE HAVE A SON!!!!"

Christie: "What??? What are you telling me? (increased panic and shock - adrenaline rushing through every single fiber of my being) What are you telling me? STOP! What the heck are you saying to me?????"

AB: "Stay put - I'm on my way to you".

I moved zombie-like back to the car (my boss consoling me and holding my hand) and somehow we made it back to her house - where Anton was already waiting for me. We just looked at each other and shook our head and just stood in shock. I mean, what can you say. It's only been two weeks, folks. Look at my last post for crying out loud. I am used to waiting. It sucks, but my China process has conditioned me for it and I've learned to expect the worst case scenario. Sad but true. We honestly expected our referral in September or thereabouts. Needless to say, we did call our agency and did get all the information we needed as well as a picture of our baby boy.

Because of rules surrounding adoption through Ethiopia, we cannot - sadly - share his amazing, gorgeous picture with you or the details of his report. And oh, how I wish we could. You will have to take my word for it when I tell you that he is PERFECT and we are BLESSED! And no worries - as soon as he's home (which we're told will be between April and June - OMG!) we will be posting a MESS of pictures of him for you all see and enjoy! Trust me - this little man is precious! One look and we were utterly hook line and sinker over him.

So there you have it. Go figure - thank you Lord - you must have known that my poor tired childless heart couldn't take another long wait! So not to leave you without any action - here are the pictures our friends took while we were on our call today with the agency and seeing our son's face for the very first time. It was AMAZING!


This is us trying desperately to just get the freaking e-mail open and up.
It took forever - felt like it anyway...

And here we are getting our first look at Quint - he is just gorgeous...I don't know how else to tell you - I mean, it's not exaggerating - this kid is gorgeous! All we could do was freak out.

Still can't freaking believe it as we stare at his face and find out the details about him. It's so surreal - I mean - surreal does not cover it. There are no words...
Not only are we in shock - but we are amazed that we should be so lucky! Oh my, I just got weepy trying to type this...

I don't know what else to say - and I've probably gone on too much - but what the heck! It's my referral day and WHO KNEW!!!!

WHAT JUST HAPPENED, MY FRIENDS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

41 comments :

Anonymous said...

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!!! It is always his timing. We are so happy for you. We cannot wait to see him home with you. You better get busy on that room I think he will be here sooner than later....We love you guys and cannot wait to meet Quint. Are you coming to Cali on your way home from ethiopia? talk to you soon...Much love to you
Your Cali Cuz
Michele

Anonymous said...

Here is what happened....prayers were heard and then ANSWERED!

I am so happy for you....throughout the evening I have been stopping wat I am doing and saying to myself or out loud "Christie and Anton got their referral".

I am in shock at the speed with which this transpired; it is going to be a great 2008. So many dreams coming true for so many deserving families.

Amen!

Love Valerie

Dawn and Dale said...

YIPEE!!! Congratulations!!!! There really is nothing like "the call" is there??!!!! ;)

Can't wait to see Mr. Quints pictures....but till then...you're in our prayers!!!! Blessings!!!

Dawn. (Just HAD to de-lurk today for this great news!!!!) ;)

habesha child said...

wow wow WOW!!

Congratulations. Delurking to say that I'm thrilled for you and can't wait until you can share photos!!

Lili said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Thank the LORD!!! What wonderful, amazing, exciting and thrilling news!!!!!!

Kayce said...

OMG!! Congratulations you guys!!

Elise said...

SCREAM!!!!!! That it the best news!!! I am sure you guys are just freaking out! I don't know of two people that deserve a super duper fantabulous unexpected surprise like this more than you both! Congrats and I can't wait to watch this journey unfold! So excited for you!!!!!!!!

Shandra said...

COngrats! I have been following your journey for a while. I could not be more excited for the both of you. Can't wait to see the pics of himin his parents arms.

Kelley said...

Seriously! You're a mama, girl! It is so wonderful to see you happy and giddy and over the moon for that fantabulously adorable baby boy!

Love you!
K.

Stacey said...

I can not beleive I just read this! Congratulations is such an understatement! I am so very very happy for you both and I can not wait to see his little face! God is so amazing he always gets here right on time. I guess you better get to going with that nursery and I will be praying for your little man and that you will travel sooner rather than later. Sending lot of love your way.. Stacey

Dena said...

HEY MAMA!!!! This is the BEST! I want to see him!!! What a wonderful, glorious, life changing surprise!
Could not be any happier for you at this moment, little family!
We will all be praying for little Quint like crazy.
Love to you!
Dena

Linda said...

How wonderful your news is. What an incredible day for you. Guess all the prayers worked. So great to see how happy you guys are..Now go work on that room!!! linda

Carrie said...

Truly a miracle! Congratulations!!! I'm so thrilled for you and can't wait to see little Quint. I bet he's just a adorable as my sweet son (and that's a big compliment coming from me!)

Robyn said...

We are soooo thrilled for you guys!! Finally, all the M3 girls are Mommies!!! Let the baby boom begin!! Can't wait to start making all those trips to the airport!!

Love ya!!

Kim said...

OMG!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
I am crying my eyes out for you..
I am sooo happy....
I can not wait to see his handsome little face...
This was meant to be girly..
Hugs to you..
You better get Quint's room done ....
See you cleaning up that room made all the difference...LOL..
Have a WONDERFUL weekend..
I know you will..

Briana's Mom said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! I am SOOO happy for you! Congratulations Mommy and Daddy! I read this and my heart skipped a beat for you!!!!!!

Peapod Four said...

Congratulations!! I can feel your excitement and joy through your words. What a wonderful day!

Polar Bear said...

Congratulations!!!! That is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!

I am so very happy for you both. What a journey this is going to be!!

Shannon said...

Congratulations on your referral! I love reading your blog and following along on your journey to parenthood. Best wishes!

Unknown said...

Wow! I was so surprised when I read Robyn's blog! Congratulations! God is soooo good! His timing is perfect! Congratulations! Can't wait to follow your journey!
Jodi Sue :)

4D said...

I am stunned! I am so happy for you!

Congratulations does not seem enough! Amazing!

Keep smilin!

Christy said...

OH MY GOODNESSSS!!!!! I cant belive this!! I am so totally sitting here crying with you!! YOU ARE A MOMMY!!!! A MOMMY!!!! I cant belive this!! HOw long you have waited and what an amazing surprise!!! I am so happy for you guys. THis is an amazing blessing and I cant belive you will be traveling so soon. Really-- April to June????? THat is CRAZY!!! So, you will have your little guy in your arms within a couple months-- that is just unreal!! I am so happy for you guys-- SO CONGRAT!!!!

Christy :)

Catherine said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing, wonderful, awesome surprise and blessing! Praising God with you!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! This is so exciting. Congratulations to you both!

Can't wait to hear more!

Shelli

Erin said...

I am still in shock - and sooooooo excited for you and Anton! I can't believe that we are all finally MOMMIES!!!! I love you both to pieces and can't wait to hug on Quint when he comes home. He is so handsome!

Love you tons!!!! Auntie E

Anonymous said...

I am very thrilled for you, for me, for all of us who now have a new family member. I can't wait to meet my nephew!!
Love you, Julie

Dan, Misty & Ashar said...

This is absolutely incredible awesome! I kind of thought you guys would get a quick referral. This is such an awesome day for you guys, only to be beaten I'm sure by the day you hold him in your arms! I am truly sooo happy for you!

Suz said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU, HOLY COW!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!
LUV,
suz

Pug Mama said...

CONGRATS!!!
How wonderful, and to be born a day after your B-day - meant to be!

t~ said...

Congratulations! Let the fun begin!

Mya said...

Hey Mommy! How I missed this post on Friday as I pop over often is beyond me! I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face! What a blessed surprise! I am so happy for you guys! Guess your reorganization of Keira's room was a sure sign of nesting!!I can't wait to follow the journey to Ethopia! Congratulations to you both!

Donna said...

OMG...CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY AND DADDY!!! The looks on your faces when you see his photo for the first time is priceless!! You are head over heels for your son and it's written all over your face.

What an amazing surprise out of the blue. I'm SOOO happy for the both of you. You are going to be the BEST parents.

Donna :)

Jamie said...

That is so awesome! I am so happy for you! You guys deserve this!! Please let me know if you need anything! CONGRATULATIONS!

Kelly & Todd said...

Here I am at work trying to eat a quick lunch and catch up on blogs and in the middle of taking a drink of water I read that you got "The Call". I nearly choked to death. I'm so happy for the both of you. I'm in tears right now trying to type, think, and stop hacking due to water down the wrong pipe.

Congratulations - you're a mommy and daddy and I can't imagine anything better.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Being a mom is the best thing in the whole world! I am so glad that all of your prayers have been answered! Good luck with everything yet to come.
Kate

Stephanie said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!! I am crying right now!!!!!!! I have been away for too long! YOU ARE A MOMMY!!! I am so incredibly happy for you!!! I can't wait to see his little face!

J said...

Congrats !!! You two are probably still on cloud 9 !!! I'm so happy for you both and can't wait to hear about your journey to meet Quint

Joanne

AW said...

I know you don't know me, but I lurk on occasion.

I just want to congratulate you on such a big surprise and blessing! I understand the tired and childless heart you speak of. And God is good, even in the midst of that agony. I hope the anticipation of Quint can help you with the wait for your daughter.

Congratulations!

Barb said...

OMG - this is amazing!! Congratulations!! I confess to be a lurker on all things Ethiopian or Adoption. Here's to the fastest of travels!!

Headmeister said...

MG, Christie, you left me a comment to come see your son and I DON'T SEE HIM!!!! lol!!! In either case, you are a MOMMA!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!

AmyO said...

Super cute pictures! Congratulations :)