January 23, 2009

Wiggles and Nine

Day nine was a breeze, thanks to my gaggle of M3 gal-pals. We met at the local "Wiggles" Play Gym with all of our kiddos. It was a great break in the day and made the afternoon so enjoyable. Especially without having AB around - when I'm likely to go stir-crazy sitting at home all day, staring at the same four walls. Quint had a blast and we really enjoyed our time with friends. And thanks to Stacy for joining us - it was good to see you and Miah again - what a doll she is!

So, yes...a farewell to day nine of our 30 days of Nothin' Challenge. We made it beyond one week, and I'm actually starting to get the hang of it a little bit. The temptation to spend is less and less and the drive to make it to the end without major slip-ups is getting bigger. Yaaay!

Today's Menu:

Breakfast: Same ol Same ol Same ol

Lunch: Quint & I had a slice of pizza courtesy of Auntie Robyn (thank ya, my friend) while at the Wiggly Playcenter. Yum! Later I had a frozen chimichanga at home.


Dinner: Chilli and crackers. Maybe Won can cook after all? It wasn't that hard...just put the ingredients in the crock pot and let them cook all day on low. But I can say this, it was really yummy. Even Quint ate a bowl and he's Mr. Picky lately. We did top our bowls with shredded Colby cheese - cheese goes with everything. Mmmmm...


Dessert: Almond Tea Cookies heated up in the micro for a few seconds. Just like they came out of the oven...I tell ya, so good!

For those of you who have e-mailed and commented to let me know that you're taking the challenge, I'm so proud of you! I really, really am! It's not an easy thing to do and it really does open your eyes to your own spending habits (good and bad). For those of you doing just Empty Pantry, I'm proud of you too! It's not easy to use up all those items we collect and duplicate at the grocery store - but you can do it! If you want my Empty Pantry List or Weekly Meal Planner, e-mail me at cbemptypantry@yahoo.com and I'll send them over to you.

Meanwhile, back to the playcenter. We had a really good time catching up with friends. Quint took a little time coming out of his shell, but by the end, he was zooming around, up and down, and making his Mama so proud of him. He really is the best boy ever!





1 comment :

Kim said...

YUMMY...
Love the photos..
Looks like Quint had lots of fun..
Hugs..
Have a great weekend..