May 2, 2008

Something for my Sore Eyes

As I was walking through my house, to do some such chore today - I passed by my kitchen and thought to myself "what is that I see out of the corner of my eye?"


Hmmm...



Oh yeah...that's right...I put that together last night and I'm just not used to seeing it there. That would be "HIS" highchair. Gulp. In the kitchen. Where we eat. Where he's going to eat before this very month is over. Gulp.




But Mommy sure loves the idea of seeing him in his cute little froggy "catch it all" bib and gulping down his Daddy's good eats. Well, maybe Gerber's good eats for a while. But eventually...

Ya'all - this is in my kitchen. I'd ask you to pinch me, but I just finished the last of my travel vaccinations today in both arms and I'm a little sore still.

He's coming gals...he's really truly coming home.

4 comments :

Carrie said...

It’s a very surreal feeling isn’t it? Life as you know it is about to change forever. Remember these moments… it won’t be long before you’ll be saying “What did we do before we had kids?” My big “life will never be the same” moment came when my oldest was about 18 months and I got into bed and laid down on a picture book and a baby doll… in MY bed… wow!

I can’t believe you travel soon. I’m so thrilled for you and a bit jealous. I can’t wait to go back to Ethiopia!!

Kim said...

YEAH!!!!
I am crying again..
I can not wait to see his adorable little face.. and once again.. you will make me cry..
I am sure you don't know what to feel.. It is finally happening..
HUGS..

Emy said...

Oh... so excited for you guys! I love the high chair, it's the cutest one I've seen. I can't wait to see Quint in it!!!

Unknown said...

So exciting that you travel so soon!
I found your blog from the yahoo group...can't wait to hear about your trip!!!
Jodi