May 14, 2008

Punky Brewster


What can I say? We are stunned. Kaleigh has - for all intents and purposes - been healed. We're convinced of this, because yesterday no dice - today, fine.

I had no shame in praying for that dog no less than three times a day, if not more. When someone you love is sick, and your only option is prayer - divine intervention - I am amazed at how quickly I am on my knees.

When I took her in this morning for her "all day" testing, I prayed for her and gave her a hug and kiss on the nose. I told her how much we loved her and needed her in our lives. I also reminded her that as a "big sister" it was her job to come home and be Quint's protector.

Six hours later, I had a vet telling me "well, I like to be able to hang my hat on something, but with Kaleigh, it's just all good - so we have to just call it an anomaly. I can't explain it - it was there and now it's not. She has no obstruction, it's cleaned out - and she's fine."

She had x-rays and a barium test - all to reveal...nothing. Gone. It was there yesterday and today it's gone. It was there for a week, and today it's gone. It was there, large and imposing and filling up her entire stomach - we were facing surgery or worse yesterday - and today - scratch your head - it's gone.

Let me just say, that not only are we relieved and happy - but we fully understand that it could have gone the other way. Sometimes when we pray, God's answer isn't always in our favor. We were quasi-prepared for a bad outcome. Not happy about it one bit - but sort of prepared in a way that God may choose not to heal our little Punky. Broken hearted, yes. Worried - very. But convinced that the God of all creation cares about us immensely and, yes, even cares about our Kaleigh - definitely. So for now - she's fine and dandy. No meds. No nothing. Just a little Metamucil to keep her regular, just in case. Doesn't mean she will never get sick - of course - but for now, in the middle of our chaos, she's well again. Music to our ears. We could shrug and say "oh well, just luck or coincidence" or "hmmm, just a fluke". Instead we choose to give credit to God - who knows when even a sparrow falls - and how much more does He care for us who He loves?

So on that note, I gotta give props to the One I pray to, ya'all - Lord, You are good are Your Mercy endures forever! Thanks for healing my fur-baby - I know that what matters to me, matters to YOU. Amen!!

7 comments :

Kim said...

I am soooo glad that Kaleigh is okay...
HUGS girly..
Now you can rest...

Unknown said...

SO glad she is looking better. God truely does know what we need and is such a gracious father to care about us. I will be thinking of you as you travel. Our little boy is there (4 months old). Perhaps you will see him...his name is Geda.
Have a good trip!!!!

Chris said...

I've been lurking on your blog for a while now, but wanted to say that I'm very happy to hear that your Kaleigh is feeling better! Now you can be a little more at ease as you go to get your son! Congrats!

4D said...

Wonderful, wonderful news!!

Keep smilin!

Lili said...

Amen for the Anomaly!! :)

Anonymous said...

PTL!!

Anonymous said...

PTL!!