July 20, 2011

All good things…

ah yes…our time at La Cabin is over.  Those two weeks flew by faster than my mind can believe.  But sadly it’s true – back to life.  Back to reality.  Thanks to Mom and Dad B for hosting our family, feeding us, and putting up with our shenanigans.  No need to elaborate there.

Still, there is something to say for your own bed, your own home, your own mess - {Cough} - your sad and sorry lack of homemade fresh bread every day. Sniffle.

So yes.  Back home again.  Ready to stare down the coming weeks of prepping the kids for their first year of pre-school together (yay!), purging and organizing our house from all the clutter we’ve accumulated over the past six months, readying ourselves for AB’s school year, and dare I say it – readying myself for my all-time favorite season of the year; Fall.  Gasp!  (it’s hard to visualize what with all the 100 degree + days we’re having – but I’ll manage, somehow.)  Still, we have to get ourselves through the hottest month of the summer – dreaded August.  Meh.  I don’t think it’s gonna be a big push – the weeks are flying by and I’ve already seen tons of sales for school supplies and “Back to School” signs up at our local stores.  How did that happen?  Last month, summer vacation started.  Now we’re going back?  I just don’t understand the forces of time moving so fast as you age.  What’s up with that?  Who do I need to take that up with?

Oh!  Also?  I didn’t forget.  I know I haven’t posted about our amazing day of boating.  But trust me – it was blog-worthy, my people….and you will even get to see me make a complete ARSE of myself.  Yes, yes you will.  Ahem. 

In the meantime, I was able to capture these little pieces of heaven on the front porch of their grandparents home a couple days before we departed.  I still stand amazed at how fast they are growing up, and the personalities that are emerging from them every day. 

IMG_4791

IMG_4770

IMG_4777

IMG_4767