February 20, 2008

Tackled

Well, it had to be tackled. I could stand the sight of it no longer. And what I noticed was that it got much worse before it got better. But I promised pictures of the process and so...

This is pretty grim. I was feeling like I was drowning in stuff. I couldn't quite make myself figure out where to put things.

Stepped out for a minute and took a picture. When I look at the above, I actually feel the hives returning. This cleanup took an entire day. I'm not very efficient, I guess.

OMG - I can see the floor.

You know how when you're cleaning up a space, and you're actually "de-cluttering" - you actually end up with all these little things that have no home. Little items that you have to decide to chuck or keep and if you keep them, you will have to exert brain cells to figure out where they will go? This happened times 100. Some were trashed out of shear "I need this to be over" emotions that would wash over me.

And finally. Still have Quint's crib in there, and still have some of his stuff - but leaps and bounds better from the previous post.

This corner was rediculous 24 hours ago. Now it's at least workable. I usually do my scrapbooking in here. (when I actually do it). But that's Quint's stuff under the table - organized and together - as opposed to being in every possible corner and space. And I can still work at the table! Two for one!

OMG - not only can you see the floor - but you can't see anything that doesn't really belong. Jeesh. I'm so happy I could cry!

When AB came home tonight, he walked down the hallway and I heard him say..."good grief! I can see my daughter's room again!"

Uh-huh. Nuff said.

9 comments :

Unknown said...

ok now that is really beautiful

l,ove the colors

Kim said...

HOLY COW!!!!
You are amazing..
Keira's room is sooo clean..
Can't believe you did it all in one day..
LOVE IT..
Have a Great Week..

4D said...

Looking good!

Keep smilin!

Briana's Mom said...

It is looking VERY good! Nice floor - LOL!

Anonymous said...

Feels great!

"Quint! What have you done to your room? I can't even see the floor!" ;)

Stephanie said...

Very inspirational! Maybe I need to do the same! Good Job!!!

Elise said...

I am impressed!!! Can you come up north and help me with reorganizing?

...if you saw my craft room you would die!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christie, it looks beautiful. If there is one thing you can do, it is ORGANIZING!! Great job honey.
Love you, Mom

Linda said...

1 airline ticket to Az on it's way for you to do my craft room!!!! 1 day..that is amazing, takes me longer then that to psych myself up to start... Linda