February 17, 2008

The next thing you know...

How do you go from this....

and this...

and, oh my...this...

To all this??....




Allow me to tell you...

TWO FREAKING YEARS PEOPLE. THAT'S HOW.

There...now that that's off my chest. I can tell you that what used to be an emotional space has now become a dumping ground for everything that doesn't belong. It's like the Island of Misfits for our home ~ and I could point out a hundred different items in the room that don't belong. Like the two Christmas towels and four Christmas cards that somehow got missed when we packed up the holiday decor to the attic. Or the bunny rabbits and "Happy Easter" signs that are waiting to be put up around the house. There is also the crib for Quint's nursery and all his various items that we've been accumulating, like the large red star sitting on top of that box under the table. There's the crap load of my scrapbooking supplies. Three "Web.kinz" stuffed animals, one small bottle of blue frosting dye, two packs of invitations, three rolls of wall border, a large sign that says "BATH", a clock, six books, yards and yards of mismatched ribbon scraps, a large blow-up mattress and pillow for the snoring storm that AB's surgery caused, seven different baskets of varying shades, one empty laundry basket, a Veggie T@les CD, a box full of markers, curling ribbon, party cups and napkins, cupcake wrappers, an air pump, an empty Tiff@ny's box (what? It could make a good...well, something!) and did I mention a large zip lock bag of misc. hardware?

This is freaking rediculous.

I miss KJ's nursery terribly - but you can only hold out for so long on having an entire 10x10 room go completely unused in an already small three bedroom home. How long can you just let the space sit empty and heartbreaking? The next thing you know, you move your scrapbook table in there and make it a "creative space" until baby arrives. Then you just "temporarily" place unused items such as baskets, party supplies, and extra pens in there. Next you blow up a mattress after a rough night of tossing and turning next to the king of all snorers. Then before you know it, Quint's stuff is starting to pile up (as his room is currently occupied by me - his home office mama). A star here, an outfit there, a lamp shade over here, and well...there's the big crib and mattress. So all of a sudden, I walk by there tonight and I say "what the frig is happening in here!?! We worked so hard on this room and it's almost laughable what it has become." So - no more nonsense - time to clean up the party supplies, re-organize the chaos, and re-claim baby girl's room. It will soon be time to ramp up for a 2nd nursery overhaul in the home office and we need to be fit as a fiddle and ready for...well, organization at the very least.

Believe it or not - those picture above of the absurd mess you see are NOT MY STYLE. I like order, organization, labels, clutter-free, crap free spaces.

So, we'll do a take-two soon and get some new pictures of that space back to normal. I hope. It's now or never people - I've got a little man on the way and if I think I'm busy now...

HA!


7 comments :

Kim said...

Things happen...But you are sooo right...
You are going to have two little ones soon.. and you will not have a lot of free time...
Can't wait to see Quint room and ready to see Keira's back to normal..
Have a Great Week girly..
Hugs to you..

Elise said...

Too funny...but I know how that happens...it's called life and "stuff"! Wait until the house is full of toddlers running around...you haven't seen nothin' yet! Enjoy the re-org while you can;)

Stephanie said...

I'm totally cracking up right now because I'm using Zoey's room to hold all my extra art supplies and other random craft stuff. IT IS NOT HOW IT LOOKED 2 YEARS AGO!!! :) Her room is still very pretty despite the "new" mess!

Donna said...

Oh my goodness, our soon to be nursery looks just like your photos except much worse! It's to the point right now that it's almost a hazard to walk in there. To get something at the opposite side of the room is a strategic mission.

I can't wait to get the brace off my wrist so Joe and I can tackle the room and create our nursery.

Donna :)

Dena said...

Nothing like a good dose of nesting to get that room back in shape! I love when I'm nesting, I get so much done.
But I have to say, even your "mess" looks somewhat organized!

Suz said...

I couldn't even take pictures of my "nursery" it was sooooo bad. The hubby finally made me clean it out when I yelled - I've fallen and I can't get up!!! We put most of the baby stuff away and turned it into a crafting haven! Would rather have the baby, but the crafts keep me busy! Good luck turning it back!
Suz

julienoble said...

Hi Brother and Sister,
I wanted you to know that I do check in with you often. I realized that I never leave a message, and I apoligize.
I am very excited for you. I'm also excited for me...to meet my nephew (and niece too, of course!)
I agree with Elise...you haven't seen anything yet. Cleaning up after a toddler is like sweeping during a wind storm!
Lots of love from my family to yours. Love, Julie