July 9, 2006

Oh my man, I love him so...

If you've never read the book "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman, then might I suggest it to you as required reading for any marriage? At its core, the emphasis of the book is on being able to express your love and commitment to your spouse through the following love languages: Quality Time - Words of Affirmation - Gifts - Acts of Service - Physical Touch. I'm sure you're already thinking, if you haven't already read the book, of what you think yours is. Great book Ă‚– read it! Meanwhile, AntonĂ‚’s love languages are Acts of Service and Physical Touch (he loves back scratches and clean sheets to snuggle into - totally speaks love to him!) and mine are Quality Time and Gifts - I love a great card and cuddle time on the couch with a great movie. We are both working at being better at this for each other and I can highly recommend this concept to anyone.
On Friday my husband not only spoke my love language, he practically wrote the book! A week ago I lamented about not having a Costco membership card when I saw how many cool things they had, that we can never find at Sam's Club. Boo hoo...I cried! Think of all the good deals we're missing! Think of the good stuff we'll never even see! Well, leave it to my baby to show up at my office on Friday and...well, see for yourself...

The first thing I saw as he walked through my office door were these amazingly gorgeous pink roses. And the mere sight of them was enough to thrill me, but the luscious scent they put out...oh! So very beautiful!

Next it was on to the "I know you so well" gift. My husband knows that I am a gift bag junkie! He presented me next with this handy tote filled with 25 of the most adorable and embellished gift bags. The problem is, I can't stand to see them go! I'm a hoarder, ok?


Here's a closer look at some of them. They are just too cute!

My personal favorite! The Asian themed bag with wooden handles - can you stand it?!?

And last but not least - the place he purchased all my goodies and the inspiration for his gifts - my very own Costco Club Card.

If that wasn't enough, I was then treated to my favorite dinner (he is an amazing chef) of steak, Caesar salad and yummy potatoes. Later as I put my feet up on the couch to relax while eating my dish of Chocolate Mint Icecream, my hubby snuggled in next to me and we watched a movie. Ok, now I'm just bragging. The reason for the royal treatment? "I love my wife".

Please excuse me while I go cry...

4 comments :

Erin said...

Anton is amazing. And I love that book. We are so much alike - those are my love languages, too. And Bob knows it. Aren't husbands the best?

Elle said...

Very sweet!

Pug Mama said...

please excuse me while I go BEAT my husband...

Polar Bear said...

Wow! Does he give lessons? Where can my husband sign up?

You are very lucky!