July 14, 2006

The Long Goodbye

Four weeks ago, I submitted my resignation as the executive admin at a very good company. Great benefits, great people, great atmosphere. Why would I do that? Only for one reason: to be a stay-at-home mom for Keira. Out the of the blue a wonderful opportunity came knocking at my door - and it was just too good to pass on. So, even though all was well with my current job and I was happy, I still felt like if I passed this chance by, I would regret it forever.

Still, this was a hard goodbye. I made very good friends and two, in particular, really made my life so much easier - so much better at work. I've pictured them below along with all my goodies. It was a bittersweet departure, and I cried like a baby at home, while Anton comforted me and reminded me that this choice was for Keira. Having said that, don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to have this opportunity. Overjoyed, in fact. I can't believe my good fortune - and I'm so excited to start my new job and have the flexibility that will come with it. I just know that I will really miss seeing my girls everyday.

*Desi-Lou...my girl...you know I will be heartbroken for awhile - I'm gonna miss you so much - especially all our talks, lunches, laughing and cutting up. That's what our new lunches and scrapbooking together will have to heal. You are a beautiful, wonderful, and SMART woman. Now tell those bosses what's up and how it's gonna be! I know it will be hard Monday but you keep your chin up. You can do it chica! I'm only an IM away...(sniffle)

*Andrea...you're a wonderful person and a beautiful girl. I am so glad we got the chance to work together and get to know each other through IR. Mi casa es su casa. When's our first lunch date? Remember: muckity muck leaves a trail...time to bust out the lysol and clean up the tracks so you can never find your way back. You're worth it x's 1000!










Flowers from my bosses - so sweet!



Desi and me - ain't she purty? (sniffle)
















Andrea and me...girl...see what I mean? You thought you looked horrible that day! I'm saying it again...you are one LOVELY gal.

Boo hoo...

3 comments :

Kelley said...

It's always so hard to leave a place where you've made wonderful friends. I think that I've cried every time I've left a job even if I hated the job and/or company! I'm sure that we'll be able to cheer you up on Friday! I can't wait to see you again!
K.

Lisa said...

Love your blog and I agree about The Five Love Languages! Blessings on your adoption journey!

Lisa
www.collinsclan.homestead.com

Donna said...

I can't even imagine leaving the city I work at...I've been there 21 years next month! I'm kind of there for the long haul until retirement. Since I've been there for so long and started when I was young, retirement is to far off...maybe 8 to 10 years.

Are you going to be working from home now?