January 7, 2012

Nothing Unhealthy–Day 6

I have a couple good things to report and a so-so/kinda shabby thing to report.

The good things are this:  it’s Saturday and I get to spend this wonderful weekend hanging out and and playing Hi-Ho Cherry-o, Play-Doh, and Candyland with these two cuties:

IMG_9116    IMG_9115    IMG_9119

Another great thing is that I completed Day 2 of my Couch 2 5K Challenge today!  Not only did it feel much better (not great, mind you, but better) this time around – but I ran almost 6 of the 8 sets of running.   The first 5 and then the last one.  I  was less winded, more able to stay focused, and my IPOD hung in there this time with a great playlist.  All around a much better workout and I felt so good afterwards.  I can see how you can really work up your stamina in a short amount of time with just a little persistence.

A so-so/kinda shabby thing is that my overall menu for the day kinda stunk. 

Daily Menu

Breakfast:  Was actually a brunch and I kept it to a small portion of egg casserole/potato casserole, a very small scone, and a small mound of fresh fruit.  I attempted a cup o’ joe, but it made me feel kinda shaky and so I backed off and opted for water.  (what is happening to me – she asks tongue in cheek?!?!?!)

Lunch:  Half a turkey sandwich on whole-wheat with only a dab of low-cal mayo and some spicy brown mustard.  3 (yes, only 3 because I ran out of time) blackberries

PM Snack: Hummus dip with 8 wheat-thins and four cucumber slices.  Handful of grapes.

Dinner: (enter DeathStar music here) The kids and I were solo, and we ate at Chipotle.  I had a bowl, and guac…and chips.  Only redeeming factor – avoided Coke and had water. 

My deep love and affection not to be forgotten, but I didn’t enjoy it quite as much, felt really full and yucky afterward, and still feel the affects of such a large meal almost five hours later.  What the heck???  All in all, I don’t regret it – because it was a good teaching tool for me.  I should have ordered the salad but I had my usual (the bowl).  Next time, I’ll know better.

For the record, I don’t think I’ll ever be the girl who eats only spectacularly healthy food.  I plan on incorporating the foods I love, in moderation, and with slight revisions.  I love Chipotle.  If I have to go with half a bowl, or a salad instead – now I know!

Emotionally, I feel good.  It hasn’t been as bad as I thought – mostly because I’ve been too busy to notice terribly much.  On the other hand, it’s a struggle to part with my Coke – but that’s a whole nother’ post that’s coming soon!  Don’t forget to visit all these great people and see how their challenges are going: (if you don’t see your blog listed, and you’re blogging through the challenge, be sure to leave a comment so I can get you added!)


http://ouryoungcreations.blogspot.com/


By the way, how's your challenge going?  

 

1 comment :

Sis said...

Nice! I am so proud of you! Parting with Coke is hard (for me its Dr. Pepper :-)


Sis
http://adoption-thecrookedroad.blogspot.com