April 9, 2010

I'm not sure what's better

....a man who gives you the morning off by closing the bedroom door ever so quietly while he tiptoes out and gets the children up, changes diapers, feeds them - all while you whittle the hours away in dreamland (bliss, I tell you!)

...a man who, when you do finally stumble out of that same bed and into the land of the living, makes you Eggs Benedict for breakfast...which I promptly lap up like I've never had a meal before (wish I had a picture of that!)

...or a man who spends his afternoon and only day off perfecting the art of the English Muffin - which, let's just say they were about as good a piece of bread as you've ever put in your mouth.  Butter melted into all the little crannies.  Let's just say.  Because honey, they were.



or a man who finds great peace in ending his day like this...



and before you get any fancy schmancy ideas that I had them pose for this, remember that Quint is 2 and poses for no man (or mom).  He was out like a light.  One minute I could hear Anton reading to him, and then after a while, just silence.  Look at his hands...Oh, I could cry.  The sweetness overload.

And that fact he does look so sweet and peaceful makes me want to forgive him for putting his Woody doll in the toilet.

either way...

I'm not sure what's better, but I sure feel blessed to have married such a keeper

I love my boys

xo




7 comments :

Ann Coffey said...

HA...LOL, Christy. That is truly a sweet picture. Can you have Anton let Johnny know about the peaceful bliss??? What I wouldn't give!!!

Ann

frogglet said...

sounds like the perfect day. those english muffins look awesome! Lucky girl, you are enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

so very sweet! they look adorable together!

So there are two things I need to know, did he make muffins from scratch? if so, want the recipe, also, did he make the holandaise sauce from scratch? I make mine but am always looking for a better recipe so want that one too.
I don't have spell check so I don't know if the sauce is spelled correctly or not, ah well, you know what I mean. love you
your auntie deany

Kayce said...

Love that picture!! Aren't days like that just the most dreamy ever?!

The Gang's Momma! said...

OH! My mom used to make Eng. muffins from scratch. OH the Joy! OH the goodness. Mmmmmm!

And yeah, I'd be hard pressed to pick one of those amazing things as most amazing. . . Lap it all up dear and enjoy every heart-breakingly sweet second of it!

Thanks for stopping by earlier and commenting - I felt a little like a rock-star dropped in :) :) :)

Unknown said...

What a special man! He really know how to treat his wife!

Unknown said...

how sweet! This is a wonderful post! It makes me hungry though...