December 13, 2009

Wait

"I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; 
therefore I will wait for him'." 
Lamentations 3:24


I'm still standing.  Of course, I am.  Over and over I tell myself, "self, you can do this...you just have to think outside the box".

What fundraiser?

What loophole?

What bargaining chip?

What road not traveled?

What person or group or platform not approached?

What thought not over-thought to death that could be re-thought again?

And then...a reminder.

Wait.

Just wait?

I know it's hard.

It's impossibly hard.

Just wait.  Let Me.  Let me.

So hard, Lord.  So hard.

I know.

I love her so much.

I love her more.

I know.

Do you?

Yes, I mean....I think I do...

Then wait.


I'll try.  I will...I'm just...I'm so...

I'm discouraged.

I know.

Help me, please...


I'll help.

I'll just wait then?

Wait.

I'm waiting...


...but those who wait on the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31




3 comments :

Ang said...

Christie~

I read this quote a few weeks back and have thought on it many times since:

"God is never late, but He's rarely early."

Blessings to you~Strength will rise as you wait...

Angie

Jenn said...

Hi Christie,

Been thinking about you. Thought came to mind to share www.uschinatrip.com with you. You may already know about this or have other arrangements in mind for airfare but we used them and saved about 50 percent over what our travel mates paid for the same exact flights. I think we are with the same agency. If so, they will recommend flights once you have TA and CA through their travel agency. The website I recommended is the wholesaler that sells to the travel agency that our adoption agency works with...:) Hope that helps.

Jodi said...

P. 46:10 - Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

I believe this means are hearts are to be still - continue to work to what He has called us to do - but let your heart and worries "be still"!

Love ya,
Jodi Sue :)