December 2, 2009

REFERRAL DAY - RUNNING POST


3:45pm  Had a snafoo with conferencing each other in so we could do it together.  JUST got off the phone call.

Can't update til we get pictures and talk to the parents first...VERY soon. 



HANG IN THERE!  She's worth it!!!!!





 3:10 pm - FINAL Update *****

 GETTING THE CALL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




 2:02pm - 5th Update *****
 
THE STORK HAS LANDED!!!!!!!!

Waiting for our phone call and pictures...just received word from our agency that said this:


"The Stork Has Landed! If you have received this email we are pleased to announce that we have received your referral!  Congratulations" 

Crying.  Tears.  So crazy.  After all this time my friends...all this time...

More to come - next post is KEIRA!




1:09pm - 4th Update *****
  
Ok, all you "refreshers" - you know who you are!  Ha!  No news.  HOWEVER, I would like to have it on the permanent record that your comments are keeping me sane in an otherwise impossible day.

Here's the run down of my physical "labor" symptoms.  No joke..

Sweating profusely.  (what the frig?!?)  Increased heart rate and some palpitations.  Yes, I think that's what we call Stage I of  a good old fashioned panic attack.  Sweaty palms.  Agitated.  Have to pee every two freaking minutes.  Oh. yes. I. do.  LAME.  Nerves are shot.  Had to force myself to eat a turkey sandwich and have ZERO appetite.  So I decided that York Peppermint Patties for lunch could not be considered a crime on a day such as this.  Word.

I keep checking the clock, the inbox, the refresh button, the sanity - whoops, slipped that in there. I'm losing my evah' lovin' mind.  HELP!

Baby went down for his afternoon nap, so now I have 2-3 hours of peace and quiet with which to obsess and freak out and wait...wait...wait...

 12:06pm - 3rd update *****


Nothing new.  Aging watching my inbox.  Waiting for an update...AB just called me, and I bout' had a heart attack.  Love you people, but don't call me.  Not now.  Unless you're trying to put me in an early grave. Ha!
Here's a little something to pass the time.  Remember that poll I had you take wondering how old Keira would be at referral?  Here are the results:

The winner is...

8-10 Months Old with 56% of the vote

2nd Place with 19% of the vote is 12 Months Old

3rd Place with 11% of the vote is 14-18 Months Old

4th Place with 10% of the vote is 5-7 Months Old

5th Place with 2% of the vote is 2 Years or Older

We shall see...


11:04am - 2nd update *****

Didn't know what to do with myself, so I thought I better 1. get out of my pj's and dress myself (rocky morning, what can I say?)  AND 2. put some makeup on and comb the hair.  Shower?  No, no...who has time?  They could call and I'd be in the shower, I just know it.  Later for that...tons of time later.  But at least now when I hit "record" on the camera for that crucial call, I won't cringe every time I have to watch it for the next 60 years because I'll at least have on earrings and a lovely winter sweater.  Just sayin'.

Ok, going to be watching The Polar Express with Quint and eyeballing the inbox like fox on a rabbit hole.  Deep breath.



10:26am - 1st update *****


Just received word that referrals could be arriving as early as 11:00am CST.

Also noticed that referral calls are being made already for other agencies!

O. M. G. 

47 comments :

The Gang's Momma! said...

What? Nothing yet? I'm dying here. I sure hope you didn't have anything big planned for the day. Or the rest of the week for that matter. Praying. Praying. Praying!

Ashley said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Can't wait to see that pic!

S.Wise said...

Breathe... in out... in out........

J said...

Yippee, yippee, yippee I am so stinkin excited for you guys.

Mary said...

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing your Referral Day with us. We were blessed by adoption twice (like you) and there's nothing like it!!!

Briana's Mom said...

You are in some serious labor right now!!! Waiting to hear good news!!!

Shannon said...

I keep hitting refresh looking for the latest word! Thanks for letting us share in your excitement it is keeping my mind off of our wait to hear if we passed court in Ethiopia.

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO excited for you!!!!
I don't think you'll be concentrating too much on the Polar Express today, ha!! Can't wait to hear about/see your bundle of joy!! ~Holly

GGHadden said...

watchin and waiting to see the pictures here!!! Congratulations :)

Jenn said...

Oh, man it's about freakin' time! Can't wait to see your daughter's face. Enjoy your day!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Oh my word, I came over when I saw you listed on RQ. I am so excited for you!!!

Joyce and Jeff said...

I just read your blog and all about your Ethiopian adventures and now here you are on the verge of another adventure! Your travels in Africa mirrored ours in Vietnam so much I had to laugh. Because we adopted a smiling princess who was charming and easy too. Everything right down to the relief at the sight of coke! LOL I hope today is magical and I can't wait to read more. Our LID is 2007 so we may be headed to Ethiopia next as well. Best wishes and thank you for sharing your blog!!

Melissa said...

I keep refreshing and hoping!!!! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I finally got my filter to unblock your site - thought I might have a heart attack if I couldn't keep up today! Maybe you are seeing her face right now.....
Dena

Lori said...

Can't wait to see her little face!!! Praying for you. Love you!

Jesi and Joe said...

Oh my goodness! You must be beyond excited/freaked/crazy! I can't imagine if I'd know the day we were supposed to get our referral! Time is a funny thing... flies by when you're just livin' and CRAWLS by when waiting for such a monumental event like this! Ugh! I'll be refreshing throughout the day and waiting with you guys! Hang in there... the worst of the wait is almost over and you'll be seeing her picture very soon!!!

CYBER (((HUGS)))

Jodi said...

Praying for your sanity! Next year this will all be a distant memory - NOT!!!!
You can throw this at Keira when she is 13 and giving you attitude, "I didn't go through 4 years of pregnancy and labor to be treated like this!"
Love ya girl!

Young Creations said...

What!!! Sanity, nah not on a day like today. If I was there I would give you a mental epidural. But instead I will send you xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox and more infinite patience. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE.
LAUREN

Cate said...

Okay, how is it possible that this ONE day is taking longer than the last three plus year? HOW?!

Julie said...

*insert scream here*
Sorry to say I'm not a refresher, but just got on the computer....I will be a refresher now though!

Ani said...

OMG!!!!! I checked in yesterday and there was still no news and all of a sudden TODAY is the day...
how exciting!
Can't wait for the big news.
What a happy Christmas this will be!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Something has to happen soon...

Ani said...

OMG - just refreshed and there it is... so excited for you!!!!!

S.Wise said...

OOOHHHH I can hardly stand it!!!! Finally. Finally.Finally! She's almost within eyesight!!!! Crying happy tears!!!

Melissa said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Debbie said...

OMG! I skip one day of blog reading and look what happens!!!! This is awesome news!!!!! Now I'll be stalking your blog for the official announcement :-)

Suz said...

Can't wait!!!! How exciting!!!!!!!!! I hate that work is getting in the way of checking here every 5 minutes!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GAWSH!!!!!!!
Dena

frogglet said...

Finally, so excited for the next post! Congratulations!!

Kayce said...

OMW!! I am coming outta my skin right now! I just got finished working and am checking everywhere and everything....I'm off to check in with the agency! I CAN NOT WAIT FOR YOUR NEXT UPDATE!! SO excited for you guys!!!!

Mary said...

I don't want to leave the house, and I've never even met y'all! Thi is such exciting and happy news! Who doesn't love that?

Melanie said...

OMG OMG OMG It's HERE! Congratulations!

Kramer said...

I have been waiting all day! How are you standing this???!!! I wanted to wait until I saw the picture but thought I should leave you a note now so you know there are alot of us out here praying and waiting with you. I am so excited for all of you!!!

Madeleine said...

I just popped in and wOw!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures of your little girl!!

Kristy said...

*&*&)*&)*&)*&&%$#%^^^& In case your wondering what that is, it is a SCREAMMMMmMM!!! I am so darn excited, I cant wait!!!

Love, Kristy

julie said...

Thanks Kristy I wasn't sure how to spell the sound of a scream.
Tear of joy for you.
Yay, for me the aunt-to-be!!

Diane, Mike and Tribe said...

I have been following this journey since you were at Toukoul meeting the little man...my two boys lived there before they joined our family. We are also a Great Wall Family (for the second time now!)

The suspense is killing me. I keep checking this blog and STILL no baby. Don't they know over there in Texas that you have folks dying to know about your daughter???

Hang in there- only a few minutes more and you will be blessed with your baby girl, who by the way, I think will be a very young 7 months old. Just a feeling!

Chris said...

OMG!! How exciting!!! Can't wait to see the pics!!! Congrats again!!

S.Wise said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! Bring on Kiera!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

Yea! I can't wait to see the pics!

Christy said...

Hurry up!!! I am refreshing my browser every 5 min!!! We need info-- give it up!!!!

Christy

4D said...

I have been offline all day and everything happens today!!!

SO Happy for you! Can not wait for the next update!

Congratulations!!!

Keep smilin!

Donna said...

Congratulations! Referral day is sooooo exciting! Can hardly wait until the next update!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Yoli said...

Congratulations!!! stopping by via RQ. Hope to see her beautiful face soon!

blissfully caffeinated said...

"we are pleased to announce that we have received your referral"

Goose bumps, tears!!!! Gah!!!! So exciting, so thrilled for you and Anton! Can't wait for more info!!!

Debbie said...

If you really have to contact he parents first fine, but don't leave us hanging too long.

Anonymous said...

She is adorable !! Congrats!
Momma Martha