December 17, 2009

Cho Cho

Today we were home, it was cold out, and we decided to do some baking.  I have the world's greatest taste tester in my son.  He would try anything if it involved a potential for something sweet.  We got so many goodies made - and I have to say, I was living a little bit of my childhood.  I pulled out an old recipe of my Mom's - she'll appreciate that we made Chocolate Covered Cherry Balls.  Omg.  To die for.  They are DELISH.  Several types of cookies...I'll have to do a little post about that, maybe.

And one thing is clear with Quint - his love language is Chocolate.  Or "cho cho" as he refers to it.  Anything could be wrong - everything could be wrong - and one piece of chocolate would set the world aright for him.  In a way it's cute.  In another way, he might be doomed to a life of swooning everytime someone walks in the room with a box of Sees.  On the other hand, I'm not sure cho cho is the best way to solve the world's problem.  On the other hand, it might be the best way in the world of a 2 year old.  Hmmm...





Here he is looking supa' fly in front of a big fat honkin' Christmas tree near our town.  Between his two fingers is a miniature peanut butter cup.  Yes.  And notice he's smiling.  But only because he has said butter cup in his hand.  Otherwise, all bets were off and standard 2-year old tantrum-esque behavior resumed.

But I do adore that boy...



6 comments :

frogglet said...

A boy after my own heart. Chocolate may not solve the worlds problems but I must say that it may make them a little easier bear.
Enjoy your Holiday baking I will start mine on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Christie,
Even though I use anonymous, I do sign my name. Can you limit those who comment to ones who HAVE to give out their ID and not include the ANONYMOUS choice? Just a thought. Even though I won't be able to comment anymore.

Christy Bailey

Kim said...

Not a huge chocolate lover but Quint could sure change my mind...
HE is tooo CUTE..
Hugs..
have a great week.
Love ya..

Daniela said...

You don't know me but I followed your journey to Quint and I just have to say is that he is SOOO adorable!!!! I love seeing pics of him! :)

The Gang's Momma! said...

Chocolate makes the world go round.

I wrote a post a while ago called, This Day Needs Chocolate - fantastic new chocolate cookie recipe posted within it. Just in case ya'll wanna bake some more. It's tooo impossibly amazing. Really. And I don't rave over cookies all that much. I'm more a popcorn kinda gal . . .

Stephanie Wahlberg said...

I love your blog! It makes my heart so full! And Quint has stolen my heart! He has the greatest smile! You have such a beautiful family! I look forward to staying in touch with you!