December 29, 2009

A List and some traveling...

A list of reasons to be excessively tardy on posting

by - Christie

1.  Busy holidays - Merry Christmas, by the way!  We had fun - it is always good for the soul to see your 2-year old squeal in delight over his goodies (thanks Grandma & Grandpa!!)  We really enjoyed ourselves and also had a lovely time with friends. 

2.  Holiday traveling - been gone for several days now...off to see AB's family.  Long car ride later - and here we are.  Freezing, but having a great time.  Quint so loves having cousins...it's amazing to see them together having fun.  We're sad to have to leave, but tomorrow we will finally trek back home. 

3.  Crappy internet connection where we are.  So crappy.  In fact, I barely have a connection now.  Hope I can post this?  Not getting all my e-mails, can't check most of your sites, and feeling overall sort of disconnected.  Boo.

4.  Busy preparing to travel.  Very soon.  Like January 14th.  (that's a little over two weeks away, ahem!! SCREAM!) To hold her.  To touch her.  To see her...



We were able to connect with Ann at Red Thread China and after only a few days, we were blessed to receive updated pictures of our sweet, sweet Keira.  I screamed!  She's so adorable - I can't wait to hug and kiss her...and those chubby cheeks...good gawd...KISS KISS.  So beautiful!  I can't stop staring at her.  She's so, I don't know...KEIRA...ya know? 

Anyway, for those of you coming along behind us - you MUST check out Ann and her service.  It's amazing.  We were blown away by what she offered and what she has already provided.  The chance to have more pictures to offer Keira as a small piece of her beginnings, it's just so priceless.

Meanwhile, we're heading back home to start serious preparations to be on a plane to China in the next few weeks.  So freaking excited we can hardly stand it!

Absolutely breathtaking!  More pictures to come very soon - maybe after we get home and a connection is back up to speed...

mucho hug-o




10 comments :

Valerie said...

I hope your trip home is a safe one. I love the new pictures of sweet Keira. Girl, we've got to get you packing. It will be here before you know it.

2010 is going to be a great year for your family - can you feel it?

Love V

Madeleine said...

Isn't Ann amazing?? I love her, and I hope to meet her when in Guangzhou.

But enough about Ann for the moment.

wOw!!

The time is near, and it is exciting!!! You must be bursting from the seams. Are all 3 of you going?

We leave tomorrow, I had 27 days from my TA and I am still not packed. AARRGGHH.

The day you leave, is the day we come home! I will be praying for you.

As you pack and prepare, and everything is swirling around you in good and bad ways, leave it all at HIS Throne. It is where it belongs. :) It is the best advice I have for you.

Briana's Mom said...

AHHHH! She is too stinkin' adorable! Those cheeks - oh my gosh!

Happy New Year!!!

Kayce said...

Oh my you guys are leaving in like 2 weeks!!! Yippppiiiiieeee!!! Have fun getting ready and kissing those adorable pics from Ann. Love that lady!!!

Jodi said...

Can't wait to see you hold her and never let go again!

Unknown said...

Friend, FYI the best shower we gift we got was a time with Ann from Red Thread..SHe picks you up, takes you shopping and gets you the best deals ever.Email me or facebook me if you want more info..One of the highlights of the trip and she will do everything to make you and Keira happy and hubby too! We got LM gifts to last hern until she is 18 and paid next to nothing..She takes you to the real China shopping!!

Emy said...

AAAAHHHHH!!! TEARS!!!!! Look. at. HER!!! Oh my! I can't wait for you to kiss those cheeks either!

How amazing to have pictures! That is such a great service. I know I'll be wishing for something like that when we have our referral! ;o)

Kim said...

OMW... Keira is SOOOOO CUTE..
Love the updated photo..
Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR..
Hugs..
love ya girly..

Sue said...

Travel soon? How awesome!!!

The new pic is amazing. She is so pinchable!

Happy New Year! ( but you already new that. ;)

Sue

Andrea said...

Have a safe journey home, you are always in my thoughts and prayers...