June 9, 2007

Bzzzzzzzzzz...


I hate bees. Hold off on your "bugs rights" e-mails - I can't stand the thought of getting stung ever again, after a bad episode as a child of getting mauled by yellow jackets in a field near our home. Fortunately, only one winged demon actually got it's stinger into me that day, but I take great delight that it was his "last hurrah" before dying. But I digress...

Meanwhile, I happened upon my friend D's blog tonight, specifically this post and I was HORRIFIED by her pictures. You can't believe this mayhem! I would be on the phone so fast to pest control, it would make thier little buzzing heads spin. I can't believe she summons the courage to walk out the door. I would literally be twitching and flailing my arms, swatting at myself at all hours of the day convinced that one bee had found its way in and was ready to pounce. How could you relax with this outside your door?

Insane! Hat's off to you D!!

Bzzzzzzzzz...

3 comments :

Dena said...

Too funny, Christie! I have to clarify, I DID NOT go outside, I am way too big of a wimp for that! Can you even believe the bee craziness? It is consuming our little lives at the moment. The saga continues...Hope you slept ok last night!
Dena

Elise said...

That is just creepy....we have some bees but that is totally out of control....I think I would not leave the house....EVER!

Colleen said...

I am so afraid of bees because I have never been stung and have no idea if I am one of those people that will get deathly ill....or worse... The thought of bees freak me out!