September 27, 2007

I'll have another...


shot that is! Oh yes, indeed. Today while at the doctor (yet again - nother story - nother post) I was offered a Flu Shot, followed by a very emphatic "everyone should have a Flu Shot!" by my doctor. Well guessy whaty? I'll be crapped if I didn't freaking get the Flu starting now. I'm dizzy, I'm freaking dragging rear. I'm so dang tired I can't stand it. I feel achy. Crap!

Not only did I brave yet another needle, and take it all grown-up like, but now I get a mini version of the Flu to go with it. Did I mention how busy and stressful this week has been? And it's not over none neither! (insert Ma Kettle voice there) I'm in the middle of a business conference for my work - of which we're all staying at a hotel, and meetings all day, dinners at night, etc. This goes through Saturday. So add on top of that that I'm leading worship at church this Sunday, and had to rush to a three hour practice tonight from the meeting. I'm performing in a reprise of the kids play "Acorns to Oaks" tomorrow night (as I rush from another meeting to that tomorrow) and then back to the hotel and start all over Saturday. Meanwhile, I still have work deadlines, etc. to meet. Add on to that the health - not feeling so great, etc. It's like a jumbo cocktail for LAME.

So tonight I played hookie - since the hotel is local. In my purse sit the keys to my hotel room and in my bedroom at home sits my rear-end typing this up at 10pm. I just couldn't go all the way back to the hotel after rehearsal tonight when I was ten minutes from home. I was so darn tired and dragging - so I called AB and said "heck with the hotel...I'm coming home to my own bed!"

So here I sit all cuddled up with my comforter and my pillows, listening to my dogs snore. Which is where I love to be the most, especially when I'm feeling sickly. I don't know how I'm gonna get through the rest of this weekend. Gulp. Stick a fork in me cuz I'm done!

Stupid shots...

I hate shots...

No more freaking shots...

At least not this week...

2 comments :

Headmeister said...

Ya know what? I'm a needle-phobe too, and I thought I was doing the brave and adult thing by going to get a flu shot too - and I got the flu from it! that was 8 years ago and I haven't had a flu shot since - and guess what - I haven't had the flu since, either! lol!

I agree on the "be in your own bed" thing, too. Nothing like the comforts of home to heal you :)

Feel better!

Kelley said...

Oh yuck to being sick! You and the little Glamour Girls...boohoo! I hope that you're feeling better soon.

Love you!
K.