December 2, 2011

Just Remembering

…that it was two years ago today that it was snowing outside.  We had our home decorated for Christmas.  Quint had just turned two years old and was napping.  And I sat here – in this exact spot…nervous, anxious, excited.  After being logged in the system to adopt from China for 3 years, 8 months, and 3 days…we were down to minutes until we would finally see her face, find out who she was, where she was, and when we could go get her.  It was surreal in every way.

You can re-live those anxious and very happy posts


and 


and – save the best for last

(this last link includes a video that shares our first moments seeing Keira’s face for the first time and I do have to warn you – it apparently causes tears.  It did for me, I just watched it again!)

She was absolutely spectacular…and worth every bit of those 3 years, 8 months, and 3 days. 
Worth that and so much more.  Worth a lifetime of waiting if that’s what it would have taken.


Keira Joy - 1

Keira Joy - 2



And I can tell you firsthand, she is even more spectacular today.

IMG_7541

Simply breathtaking…


6 comments :

Valerie said...

So worth it, even for those of us who aren't Mommy and Daddy, but simply adore her anyway.

Blessed and then some, that you are.

Love V

Kim said...

OMW....
I am crying...
I love you girly and the kids take my breath away...
Keirs is simply breathtaking is an understatement..
HUGZ...

Kayce said...

Oh what a day! Remembering with you and filled with joy and tears too. Happy day!!

Nancy said...

Great video!

(sniff sniff)

Donna said...

Okay, crying now as I look at Keira's referral pics. I can remember seeing them and all those posts like it was yesterday. It's hard to believe it's been two years already.

Look how far she's come...what a beauty!

K~ said...

Happy two year anniversary for our referral day! XXXOOO Your family is amazing as ever!!!