April 9, 2009

Perspective

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted" Matthew 5:4

I wasn't going to write a second post tonight. Certainly had no intention of that. In fact, it's late and I'm tired and I should be resting so that I can prepare for a busy day with my little man.

To be honest - I've been grumbling quite a bit this week. Grumbling about money and bills. Grumbling about cranky toddlers who don't want to nap. Grumbling about husbands who work very hard and don't get to be home much. Grumbling, grumbling - about life in general, how hard it can be and how many things there are to be fussy about.

Then I stumbled into some other lives through this amazing interwoven world of blogging tonight. Into their shoes and their stories and their grief. And I was reminded of another loss...

Now I sit here just weepy and burdened and grieved. We think we know loss...but we don't. We think we know hardship...but we don't. We grumble about this or that. But we don't know how hard it can truly be.

Not until we lose our babies...

Such a high price to pay for perspective - something I had clearly lost sight of this week.

Take a moment to walk with these families and be reminded of what matters the most ~

Baby Emily

The Spohrs & Baby Maddie

Judson

Greg & Nicole

Audrey Caroline



That's all I wanted to say, I guess. Life is too precious, too short, too fragile to let even one light go out without perspective being placed where it belongs and reminders being given of what was and what could have been.

Excuse me while I go kiss my sleeping baby boy and smell his sweet soft hair...


No comments :