October 29, 2008

In Which I Lost the Battle of Pink Fluff

Dear CC -

We took our son to Chucky Ch@@se (again, affectionately referred to in our home as the "Chunk a' Cheese"). It was his first trip and I must admit I was looking for you when I walked in the door. I didn't see you. Was it too early? Where were you? I arranged this trip just so you and I could be together....

I finally had to go and ask the Chuck man himself where you were hiding / would you be out / when would that be?!? First he had to make sure he heard me right and then he laughed at me and said you were getting ready to make your appearance on a large chain hanging from the ceiling - and today you were wearing two colors, but I was only interested in one - pink. Laugh at me all you want...bring it out...bring it to mama...that's right...

And suddenly (ok, thirty minutes later) there you were...like a beacon of pink bliss in the night - calling my name and wooing me to your dangling chain and the tiny clip that held you to it. I gently leaned (lunged) over the counter and pointed to the one I wanted (needed) and you came to me....yes, you did. In your pristine plastic bag, making googly eyes at me from your dreamy spun heavenly fluffs.


I had to remind myself that you came at a price. So I paid, willingly, happily. I carried you tenderly to the table and announced it was time to leave. You and I needed to be alone.

And so, in the car while waiting patiently for a husband who had made a quick run into R@dio Shack (again, when is a "shack" ever a good reference?)...we had our moment. You and I. Yes we did. And it was like a reunion of two lost souls. Yes, it was. And then the unthinkable. You left me. I mean, by way of intensely fast consumption and then digestion...you were gone. Sob. I had forgotten since our last meeting how quickly you melt away to nothing. How your large fluffy peaks collapse into tiny pieces of crystals when my fingers hold you. You practically disintegrated in my grasp. Woe. Woe!!


And so it was over. Dagnabbit. Now I have to find a reason to go back to the Chunk a' Cheese just so I can meet up with your extended family. We're gonna need a "family" reunion soon. Oh yes, very soon.

With love and deepest affection,

C

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

Kim said...

Pink fluff must be AMAZING..
Have a Great Evening..

Kristy said...

I have to be totally honest and admit that even though I know I shouldn't , I too am a sucker for this pink,blue, or purple fluffy enemy of ours!!!! I don't even like to SHARE!!!

Kristy

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I so love cotton candy. Anytime I'm anywhere near fresh cotton candy I have to have some. And I get my own bag. The kids can have their own.

frogglet said...

I have never been to a "Chunk a Cheese" I always thought it would just be pizza but now I want to go experiance the fluff.
Great letter.

Polar Bear said...

That's so funny!!!

My hubby loves CC too. I can't seem to enjoy like he does.

Kayce said...

I LOVE that stuff. L.O.V.E.!! Of course being a diabetic I have to have MAJOR restraint against it when it appears near me. :0 Glad you enjoyed it.

Catherine said...

They have pink fluff at CC?? I was there last night and did not see any there....although did question what that chain was for that was hanging, just begging for a friend.

Sorry your sweetness left you so soon. Hoping you can book a date again soon! YUMMO!