May 20, 2007

It's been a while...

I don't even really like to go a few days without posting something about our life - it just seems like I get so behind and then I can't catch up! So, Mother's Day came and went a week ago and I just got busy - really busy...work, life, heading up a women's Bible Study (which is awesome!), and preparing for a very full summer of travel, musical theater (an AB must) and many other things as well which I'm sure I'll end up posting about...

Many of you know that AB is a published playwright. He is a very talented and comical writer and his play has sold very successfully with his publishers. Recently, we got wind that a public high school was putting the play on about two and a half hours drive away.
Many times the play has been put on, but it was always too far to travel. We decided we just had to go and see what they would do with the script and we were NOT disappointed. Friday afternoon we made the drive and boy, I can tell you that AB was the guest of HONOR! These kids were so great and they totally exceeded our expectations in performing and really bringing this hilarious play to life. More than that, the attention he got for being there! AB had connected with the school prior to going, so they were ready for him.
They were so excited to meet him and literally swarmed around him to shake hands, take pictures with him, and even to have him sign their scripts. It was kind of unreal.
But I have to brag on him, because he handled it so well and he was such a huge hit - it just made me so proud of his accomplishment. They also asked that he introduce the play, which was an honor for him and I know he was so elated to see something he wrote seven years ago coming to life. It was wonderful to see...truly!

Saturday we visited Six Flags and had a blast, although all I have to show for it are this cute picture and a sunburn (oops...forgot the sunscreen!) Hope all of your weekends were fun and exciting - mine was downright exhausting, but fun and certainly eventful. Today after church, all we could manage to do was lay around and veg, watching the cooking channel. Good thing AB was tending a wonderfully tasty beef brisket on the smoker all day and it made for an amazing dinner tonight. A perfect way to end a full and fun weekend...

3 comments :

Robyn said...

Well crap!!! Little did I know that I was sitting next to someone famous today. I would have gotten his autograph! Just promise me that when he gets nominated for his Tony award we will be invited to the awards!

Smooches!!

Kelley said...

Who would have known there is a star in our midst?! And, we better be mentioned in his acceptance speech!

Love you two!

Anonymous said...

He's cute and TALENTED....not fair! Sounds like a great weekend you wild and crazy people!

Espcially the part where the cute and talented husband prepared dinner; it's official he is a triple threat!!

Love V