It’s stressful around here.
I keep trying to write some glorious posts and nothing comes to me, because everything that's too large and overwhelming and consuming comes to mind – and frankly, all of that is too hard to write about. Too time-consuming. Too big to get my writing around.
I could write lengthy posts to tell you that:
- Quint is struggling and so am I. We cannot find a groove in our new schedule. And when and if we do, find that groove, it will be summer break. And it will all be for naught. Cruel, I tell you.
- For that matter, when I say struggling – I mean SERIOUSLY. We cannot find harmony. He is testing, pushing, testing some more, pushing some more, and making me far too frustrated. I feel hopeless some days. I’m not afraid to tell you. I’m not sure I’m seeing much light at the end of my tunnel right now.
- Keira will be two in a little over a month. People, she was 7 months old when we came home last year. How is it possible?
- We have been sick. The kids and I. And I’m not sure if it’s pre-school cooties, or just germology or just bad juju. Either way – I’m so tired of it! So tired of ear infections, runny noses, coughing, hacking, wheezing. And so tired in general. Not to mention poor little Quint had the Croup twice in a month. I didn’t even know that was possible until it happened to us. Now his ears are draining green puss as of tonight. Done, I tell you.
- Last week I got an unexpected blow to my faith that I was just not prepared for. I should have been – but I wasn’t. The good news (no, the great news!) is that amazing and faith-deepening things came out of it – and I would love, LOVE to write about it- but I just don’t have the energy (see bullet point directly above).
- AB is in production and this show is taking a huge toll. On him. On us. On life. We have two weeks more of this and then it’s over. I’m not entirely sure we’ll all come out ok. I mean, that is to say - "we" will be ok - of course! But for his career. Just changing how things might look - because we cannot continue in this way - the toll it takes is far too difficult to keep up. (Isn't that right, honey?) And isn’t that just sad?
- I’m weary of holidays. How did that happen? I’m just ready for a break. We move from November to April so fast and so many holidays live in there. I’m ready to just STOP for a bit. Mother’s Day in May. Father’s Day in June. July 4th. I mean, they just keep on comin’. Sigh…
- I am so behind. I would invite you over just so you could see what I mean – except that would be a terrible hazard for you. To come over. To have to step over the mess that is my house. Hazard. Embarrassing.
- And also? The weather in Texas? Sucks. It’s humid. It’s hot. And it’s hailing golf ball sized pieces of ice. And it’s hot. I can’t make this up people. Don’t ask me how ice and humidity and heat are sharing space. It’s lousy. On the upside, my grass is getting very green. On the downside – we aren’t exactly enjoying lovely days and flips flops. Cabin fever in April is miserable with two little ones.
So I could write about all that in detail – or I could give you the Cliff Notes (you just read them) and ask your pardon for my lack of posting.
I need some inspiration that is not related to stress.
Come on blue skies…(figuratively and literally!)