March 4, 2007

Party ova' here...

We interrupt our normally scheduled post to bring you...

If you're not aware of the biggest blog party on the women's-wide, wide world of blogging, then head on ova' to 5 Minutes for mom and get your blogger groove on ladies!

See, I'm under no false illusions that there are any men reading this blog besides my very own darling - who does it both out of curiosity for what I might post about him (see post directly below) or out of duty - to avoid the "did you read my blog this morning" question.

Meanwhile - I might have visitors, so I really should have tidied up the place - but I'm a wee bit of a sucker, aye I am, for St. Patty and his merry troupe of the little green folk. Did you never watch "Darby O'Gill and the Little People"?!? (don't say no, my heart can't take it!) Great flick, and you will love all things Irish post-viewing.

Here are my tiddlybits for any guests dropping in ~

About me ~ I'm a thirty-smhahdskelr(mufffle, cough sputter) year old gal from good ol' Texas country. Ok, not technically "from" Texas - immigrated to Texas from smoggy ol' California. Don't miss it a bit. I'm married, six years in April to a wonderful man who is both my best friend and my #1 fan. I say that because it takes a #1 fan to really appreciate/tolerate some of my horrors/behaviors. He is a middle school theater teacher, and I am his theater widow. I work from home with a wonderful job that provides flexibility and (gasp) occasional free-time. Who knew that women were supposed to have that! We have two childlike dogs and a chubby cat who is old and crotchety, but who we adore. (All of whom have more space on our king size bed than either of us do.)

Oh, and I just have to "holla" about my upcoming fun-trip - we're leaving this coming Saturday for New Yawk! Alright..New York. But you gotta say it like "Yawk" otherwise they know you're a tourist. Oh, let's face it - me and my baby scream "tourist". We're going to be looking up the entire time. What can you do?!? He's never been, and I've only been once - last summer - and it was an amazing trip. I LOVED it, and my only regret was that he was not with me - because I went for business. So now, we're making up for it by going for four days and seeing a couple Broadway shows - The Lion King and The Drowsy Chaperone. Since my baby is a theater geek, we are really looking forward to this trip and also to the fun and excitement of just getting away for awhile and not worrying about anything but being together and having an adventure!

Speaking of adventure though, we are in the process of adopting our first child from China - hurrah! We have decided to call her Keira Joy, and we have been in the process of adopting for 20 + months - boo! Our dossier (paperwork) has been logged into China's Center for Adoption Affairs for 11 months and counting, and we expect to see our daughter's face for the first time before the end of this year, the good Lord and American Airlines willing! That picture to the left and above is me holding the Dossier in it's UPS package the day it got sent! Her nursery is complete and you can see pictures of the charming cuteness that is her little bedroom HERE. It took a lot of love and effort and it was worth every single sweaty moment.

I love to read, I love to watch my "shows" like Lost, American Idol, and What About Brian. What? You don't watch "What About Brian"? You are sooooo missing out. Great show! I love scrapbooking! I've been doing it for 20 years - no lie. Since I was 12, I have created and kept scrapbooks, and I have every single one to show for it. Gotta love a hobby that sticks. I have baskets of yarn from the "must learn to crochet" phase. I have oodles of books from the "I will read a book a week" period of time. And I have racks of spices from 1993 forward from the "I WILL learn to cook" phase. Thank GOD in heaven that he sent me a man that not only has a passion for all things culinary, but that he can also create and produce AMAZING dishes of culinary delight. But I digress. I have an ungodly amount of scrapbooking supplies and when the mood hits me just right and I make my way up to that there "Hobby Lobby" store - it's fixin to be all over. Did I just use "fixin" in a complete sentence?!? Poor Keira already has three brag books - the layouts are all done and in the books - just no pictures on them yet. Oops...momma's got a brand new addiction!

I think that sums up the majority of the important stuff. All my family lives in California - and that's hard - but I'm working on getting them out here. Just takes time when your roots are firmly planted. Hubby's parents and family lives relatively nearby, so we see them quite a bit.

Oh! Cannot end this post without a big shout out to my M3 POSSE!!! You can't have girlfriends like these girlfriends and not post about them. One of the best things to come out of my adoption process, by far - are my M3 Posse. It's magic...strange but true, pure magic. They are da' bomb baby, yeah! (Watch out - now I'm channeling the Dog Pound and Randy Jackson up in heaya - shoot!) What can I tell you - we are all adopting or have adopted from China. We are all in the same age range, give or take a few. We are all going through or have been through the same things. It's just this strange and wonderful bond of women that is so rare in a group of six. It's just this awesome, inspiring, fun-loving, wonderful thing that I hope lasts for years and years to come. Can I get a witness?!?

That's the scoop dear guests...

Regular readers, don't miss the post below about some gifts I got last week from the hubs..

Now, after this post - if my visitor numbers don't shoot up just a little, I might be bummed! It ain't easy being this comical friend!

Seacrest - Out!

-cb


11 comments :

Alexis Jacobs said...

I am a Lost and AI junkie too! And I even like What About Brian. Congrats on your little girl. Happy blogging!!

Nadine said...

Hi came for the party. I grew up in NYC and here's a tip since your hubby loves Broadway shows - try the mantinee - it's less expensive and then you can go out for a nice dinner. You'll get to see more shows that way. Congratulations on the adoption - I have friends who have adopted from China and just love their kids.

Tammy and Parker said...

What a great intro post. And congrats on that little girl!

Parker and I are here for the party! We would love to have you drop by!

Kelley said...

Hey sista friend! I am so glad that you joined the party because I have been having a blast myself. I have met so many wonderful women already and still have hudreds to visit!
Love ya!
K. (the old lady veteren of the posse)

jodifur said...

Just coming via the party to say hi.

I'm party hopping.

Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the party. Nice to meet ya.

My 3rd party favor give away has begun. If ya get a chance come on over.

PARTY ON!!!!

Esther said...

Neat blog! I'm adopting too ;o)
We started the process 1/05. Come on over to my blog & check it out. It's nice to know other "waiters"...

Best wishes & enjoy The Party...

Anonymous said...

HI Christie, I am so happy you get to go to New Yawk! You sooooo deserve it after the time you spent in good ol California! I wish I could have seen you before you left but I know you wanted to get home to your man. I love and miss you and wish I could spend more time with you. Have fun in the big apple and send lots of pictures! Love you Deany

Erin said...

I'll be your witness! We are absolutely da bomb! Our M3 Posse rocks and I love that I have you all in my life. Glad I dropped by and thanks for the shout out - I feel special! Love you!

Mya said...

Christie,
I pop over to your blog often, however, I haven't been able to get the comments to work! You crack me up! I'll be back!

Susanne said...

Stopping in to say Hi from the party. How exciting about your adoption!