June 11, 2011

And now for something completely different…

I was browsing, as I’m prone to do.  And I came across this fabulously pretty hair idea from Happy Together, who got the idea watching this sweet and simple Video Tutorial.

After watching the video – and this gal is darling with her awesome (and what I’m assuming to be) French accent – I was sold.  It seemed so easy and relatively painless.

So here goes my try:  a way to get heatless and lovely curls, hassle free.  (*Note – my hair is not naturally curly.  It’s naturally grey, but not naturally curly.  I would say that it has a very slight wave to it, on certain days when the birds are singing and the flowers are blooming and perhaps a rainbow peaks out from behind the clouds.  But this is an honest portrayal of a project gone right.)

IMG_2920-rev

Last night I got my hair band out, placed it around the top of my head and started folding in layers.  (watch the video!)  My hair was dry and clean.  I used a smaller band than the one shown in the video – and yes, I might have burst out into “Let’s Get Physical” and done some hot 80’s moves in my bathroom.  Because the headband in the front?  Really funny.  But oh…so radical. 

Without any information on my project AB was a little perplexed at my new “hairstyle”.  It’s not that bad, I argued.  What’s wrong with it? (*wink) He might have asked me 17 times if I was serious.  Seriously?  Seriously.  Seriously?  Oh girls, it was fun.  


IMG_2921-rev

Sleeping was not interrupted.  I was not uncomfortable at all, and my hair stayed in place all night.  Amazing! 

This morning, I woke up, easily removed the band, and was amazed.  It worked!  I sprayed my hair with hairspray and then ran my fingers through loosely.  This image shows the result with little to no fuss and very little product.  Just a few sprays of hairspray. 

BOOYAH!

IMG_2944-rev

Seriously. Doing. This. Again. Very. Soon.

You’re welcome.  I’m nothing if not helpful. Ahem.