November 2, 2009

Halloween Fun



It was awesome.  And by awesome I simply mean that we had a hurried day, with a sick and cranky little man, and deadlines to meet - not enough naptime, and daylight fading too quickly.

Having said that - Quint was AWESOME at Trick-or-Treating.  It was adorable to watch the way he went from door to door, used his little fist to knock-knock-knock and signed "thank you" to each and every person who opened the door and put goodies in his pumpkin.

Actually, we went with our good friends Val, Gary, and their kiddos A and K.  Seriously, how cute are these three?  Dorothy, Scarecrow, and our little Turkey...



Little A - isn't she a doll!?!  



After the scarecrow took off his "stage makeup", the boys posed for AB Sandwich



We did have a good time - and I think the beauty of parenthood for me is that even what feels like the "not so good" day, can still be washed away by the smallest thing that Quint does.  In this case, it was the way he was so excited over his candy, and his joy to keep going and knock on the doors.  Just precious!  I can't wait for Keira to join him next year...I've got her cute little flower costume ready to go!

Speaking of Keira:  What do you think...two weeks?  End of next week?  Week of the 16th?  I think it's safe to say we're down to "weeks" before we see her sweet little face. GASP!

How old will she be?  Any guesses?




4 comments :

NiHao Nepal said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog! WHY does adoption have to be so hard??? Ugh! It is so worth it though, isn't it!!

Love your cute little turkey!

Oh yeah- I saw your picture at Wasabi the other day! :-)

S.Wise said...

You little turkey is so dang cute!!!!

Unknown said...

I have been following your blog since march and have been anxiously awaiting for you to receive your referral ! ..

I can't believe the time has finally come !! ...

Many of the referrals from the last bast were really young around 6-8 months !

My guess is somewhere in between that age !!

Best of luck on the rest of the wait.. I hope it goes by as quick as can be with all the anticipation !

Loved Quint's costume by the way ..cutest Turkey I ever did see !

The Gang's Momma! said...

Are you starting a pool? Cuz I'm guessing the week of T'giving and 9.5 months old.

Totally random, based on NOTHING I know or have heard. Just felt like putting it out there.

And you can bet, I'll be checking in every day at RQ for the rumors on the horizons ;)