December 8, 2008

Just a little sumpin...

Hi y'all! (tee hee - I'm Paula Dean now!) Just checking in to say that this holiday season is whipping by! We finally got the tree up and the decor set up around the house. I'm so relieved! It's so much better to spend these cold days indoors when we have the fireplace going, the tree lights twinkling and the mulberry spice candle burning. We have XM radio on the Dish, so we just keep it set to "Holidays" and get to listen to all our Christmas favorites throughout the day. We are so cozy in here - I'm hesitant to leave! Meanwhile, that would heartily explain why my Christmas shopping is in poor shape. Not to mention the fact that my tree's underside is still bare. Oops!

I've started a little bit of crafting - painting ceramic ornaments is a small hobby of mine and I took sentimental joy in coming across and then putting them on the tree this year (i.e. the one I made for our kitty Meggie that we lost two years ago...), which made me think that I might still have some unpainted pieces around somewhere. Lo and behold, I found them right away and got the bug to start painting them again.

Meanwhile, all these yummy smells and twinkling lights have also put me in the mood to get back to some scrapbooking - especially starting a book for my little sweetie - Q-man. So, I'm starting up that engine too.

Meanwhile, I've got some gifts to wrap and goodies to bake. I've been in the kitchen quite a bit lately - which is very uncharacteristic of me. But I've made some killer spinach dip, a really melt in your mouth breakfast casserole and tonight I made a chicken noodle and cheese casserole that knocked our socks off! Warm, cheesy and gooey - that's my description. Getting AB's approval on my cooking is high praise in my book - being that he's amazing in the kitchen. I literally threw it together and it was a piece of cake!

Well, enough about me! What are you doing with the holidays? Any crafting going on out there? Special projects you do around the holidays? Do tell!

Here's some Quint-a-licious goodness for the road:


OMG! So darn cute - can you stand it?!?



My boy is drinking from a straw! What happened to my baby??



So cute - Daddy, boy, and puppy all taking a Saturday afternoon nap. I just love this...Quint loves his Daddy so much. NO where else he'd rather be...


Hug!

10 comments :

Kristy said...

So darn cute!!!!!

Kim said...

LOVE these pictures..
Quint is soooo DARN CUTE...
Love the last picture..
Have a Great Week..
Hugs girly..

blissfully caffeinated said...

Wait a second...You've been cooking? The moon is suddenly orbiting the sun, up is down, black is white...

Just kidding, I know you can cook, I just didn't think Anton let you in the kitchen. :)

I fondly hang my Christie Original ornament on our tree every year. I want to make a couple of quilts, but December marches on and I haven't started them and I just need to accept that it probably won't happen.

The last picture is adorable. Squish that baby for me.

Stacey said...

Quint just continues to blow me away with that winning smile and his beautiful eyes!! By the way I am in need of a "Killer Breakfast Cassarole" care to share the details?? By the way may this season be Merry and very Bright for you and your family this year!!

Linda said...

Love the last picture!!! All the pictures are always great, that boy is so photogenic. I always get in the mood to bake at Christmas...I love to find from scratch cake recipes and make them. Most of them turn out really good. Something satisfying about the gift of food to people you love. Happy Holidays to your wonderful family... Linda

Anonymous said...

I want to hear more about the breakfast casserole.
That last picture is so darn cute that I can't contain myself!!
Love you all.

Young Creations said...

I just love how the dogs foot is on Quint. So damg darn super de duper adorable. You are blessed.
Enjoy the holidays,
Lauren

AW said...

That last shot is hysterical! LOVE IT!

Kayce said...

Such a great pic of everyone sleeping!LOL

Emy said...

OMG... love that last snuggly picture!