December 15, 2008

Creepy Claus

Two things noteworthy in this picture:

1. This is the creepiest Creepy Claus I've ever seen close up. Friends - he didn't speak. He grunted toward my son. His legs are skinnier than toothpicks. That 70's hair has got to go. Even Santa Claus himself wouldn't sport that fro-licious mockery of the jolly man's hair. And I'm not sure if that ring is a staged item for the Mrs. Creepy Claus or if he's actually married in "real" life. Must be "Minimum Wage Santa" what with all the economy issues at large this year. But seriously - you could not have paid me enough jingle dollars to sit on that lap. It was all I could do to set my only child on his lap and walk away. I actually felt bad for Quint. Meanwhile,....

2. Speaking of my only child - my son - the light of my life...how freaking good does he make Sir Creepy Claus look when he's smiling like that - in his cute little red and green? I mean, he didn't even hesitate. I sat him down and he just smiled up at me with an ignorance is bliss expression - and kept right on smiling until I went and snatched, er...gently removed him off of S.C.'s lap. Sorry "Santa" but you need my boy on that knee all day to help you out with the whole "creepy" factor. He's all you've got going for you between the twiggy legged striped stockings and the Travolta hair - you better keep him there so you don't scare the rest of the unsuspecting children away. And by the way...you might want to put those pictures on clearance...because I'm telling you why...if Santa Claus is comin' to town in that getup, I'm taking the stockings down.

Ya feel me?

19 comments :

Kim said...

Okay..
I will have to agree with you on the Creepy looking Santa...
His hair is way toooo FUNNY...
No wonder Quint is smiling.. he is really laughing.. he thinks Santa is the funniest looking man out there..
Have a Great Week..
Hugs girly..

Unknown said...

ok that is odd but look at that sweet face

blissfully caffeinated said...

OK, that's seriously the weirdest hair I've ever seen.

Doug said...

That is one odd Santa...really, really odd.

Love Quint's adorable smile!

Briana's Mom said...

My computer was signed in under my hubby Doug. The comment was mine! :)

Linda said...

At least he didn't scare Quint!!! He is not scarred for life like so many other children... My Granddaughters went to a Santa like this when they were very young...sorta like a woodsman. At least you got a great picture for this year.... Linda

Emy said...

I Feel Ya!! Even our recent picture with "bad santa" isn't that bad. Although I'm pretty sure the dirty, heavy, hard as a rock stuffed animal that I removed from bad santa's lap had a bottle of booze in it. What the heck! Where are the good Santas this year!?!?!?

But Dang... Quint is rockin' the picture!

Emy said...

BTW... Ben has the same sweater vest!! :)

Eloise said...

That is definitely one creepy looking Santa! But Quint is such a scene-stealer that I'm not sure I would have even noticed him or his bizarro stockings if you hadn't pointed them out!

Anonymous said...

Haaaa, too funny!!! I'd take the stockings down too, oh my..

Donna said...

OMG, I am cracking up reading your Santa post. That definitely is the creepiest Santa ever, but that certainly is the cutest little boy on his lap!

Donna :)

Donna said...

OMG, I am cracking up reading your Santa post. That definitely is the creepiest Santa ever, but that certainly is the cutest little boy on his lap!

Donna :)

Kayce said...

OMG! That is NOT okay. The santa that is. LOL!! I can't wait until Quint is 13 and laughing at that picture and you're sharing the moment with him.

Christy said...

I totally feel ya!!! I am cracking up becuase when I saw the pic that was the first thing I thought-- totally creepy. Then to hear he only grunted and to scroll down and see those tooth pick legs-- well that is even more creepy.

But on the good side-- he looks less creepy with your little bundle on his creepy bony lap!!

Christy :)

Stacey said...

You took the words right out of my mouth!! James and Miah both looked at me like I had lost my mind when we went to get pictures with Santa. Even Randy was a little put off by the appearnce of the man! The sad part is that I had worked with Miah for a week to answer Santa when he asked her what she wanted for Christmas... Well my little ones did not even get a grunt??!!?? I mean James is Seven and any good Santa worth his weight in snow knows that a seven year old can not wait to list at least three or four got to have items to the big guy. So I did what any mom would do in my sit. and started talking for Sants, you know " Miah tell santa what you want, oh and James make sure you tell him how good you have been this year... Sheesh!
By the way Quint is so darling in his duds!

Stacey said...

Oh I guess I should mention we went to the same Santa if you could not tell!

S.Wise said...

That is seriously the freakiest Santa I've ever seen outside of the movies!!! I'm rolling with laughter at this post!

Rebecca and Andrew said...

You crack me up as always! I read your blog whenever I need a pick me up and you & Quint never fail to do just that!
Thanks for posting on our blog! We're praying for a successful court date and believe me, that will be our Christmas this year!!! =)
'bec

AW said...

Wow. That is a creepy Claus. I'm out of words.