June 20, 2008

The Suspense is killin' ya?

Well, I love you blogger peeps! You are too funny! All these comments I get that say "well.....?!?!?!?!?!?! and then?!?!?!?!?!?! Don't leave us hanging here?!?!?!?!" Cracks me up. I had no idea my diatribe would be interesting to anyone but us. It was just something I wanted to therapeutically put down and get off my chest. Since this blog will most likely be made into a blog book for the kids, I try to post the good, bad and the ugly. This series was just my way of 1. remembering and 2. being honest with myself and, well let's face it - with YOU about what happened. Glad you're enjoying it...it would stink if you didn't. Tee hee!

Interestingly enough, we were talking with our agency about our experience and she said "would you be willing to write this down? It's so hard to get families to understand the non-romantic side of adoption". Of course, AB laughed and said "it's already in the making...standby!"

I promise to work on the next set this weekend. We've been quite busy these last few days with work and errands, and visiting friends. Had our first "play date" - thanks Valerie!!

Quint in V's Bumbo. By V, of course, I mean her children's bumbo, not HER bumbo. That would be interesting to see...

This is Quint with little Miss A. She is the sweetest little thing. I don't think we've been around any other babies since coming home - so this was a real treat.

At any rate - here's some pictures...be back over the weekend to take you to the dark side of the trip... (see, I did it again just there...didn't I? I made it worse...jeesh!)

Here's my little man sitting up - but don't get excited. I grabbed the camera, propped him up, stuck my leg behind him while I prepped the shot and then said "QUINT!!!!" and yanked my foot away. Mili-second later he toppled over. We're still perfecting our "sit". But omg, he's a cute kid!


This cracked me UP! AB called to me and when I came to the kitchen, this is what I saw. Quinty loves, loves, loves paper. Like, TOTALLY! So AB handed him these little coupon mailers that we got in the mail and it took about ten seconds for them to grace our kitchen floor. Notice the little smirk on his face? Oh yeah, he knew...little stinker!

Daddy and his boy, chilling...I love this. Just seeing them together and hanging out...Quint is such a Daddy's boy. I love that too...

And this is the benefit of having AB home for the summer....mmmm, can we say smoothie? Me likey! Delivered right to my desk while I was working. And guess what? He cooks too! And for breakfast I heard myself say (while buried in a proposal) "ummm, I'll have eggs please...and toast too!" And he said "K..." Mmmmm. Me really likey....Daddy needs to stay home forever!

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

What, no part 4?! Totally just kidding. I love those pictures. Bumbo seats are great. My 11 mo. old still fits in one. Have a nice weekend! ~Holly

frogglet said...

Love the Quint pictures, he is so adorable! And you gotta love the cooking husbands they are the best!

Kim said...

Sounds like you have had LOTS of fun..
LOVE the pictures..
Quint is the cutest....
Got to love a man that cooks..
HUGS girly.
Have a GREAT weekend..

Eloise said...

Tell AB to keep cooking so you can keep writing! Have a good weekend. Looking forward to more or your story.

Emy said...

HA!!! You crack me up. I love the pics and I LOVE that Quint"y" is showing his stinker"y" side alreday. Stinker"y" little boys are the best!!!

Emy said...

Oops... I wasn't trying to talk like a diva or anything (al-re-day), just a misspelling, ha ha ha.

Unknown said...

I've been checking about twice a day for the rest!!! We are leaving in two weeks and yours is one of the most descriptive blogs I have read about the trip..and real. I am scared to death about having two babies there, but your posts are really giving me some reality. Thanks and hurry up! :)

Stephanie said...

Ok. No more hammering you for more! :) Enjoy your fruit smoothies!!!!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am so thankful to have found your story as I try to understand what adoption in Ethiopia entails. We have two daughters from China and are beginning our journey to a baby boy from E. If you don't mind, I would love any information you'd be willing to share about your experience, including choosing an agency which is the stage we find ourselves in at present. Thank you, Andrea