March 28, 2011

A Year Ago

Every once in a while, I like to reflect on a post written exactly one year ago. 

Still reeling from becoming a mother to two children, and only home from China for two short months, I “penned” this honest post about what we tell our adopted children about their past.

“On Painting A Pretty Picture”

I have re-read it, and I was gasping anew at what lies ahead.  Frankly, most days I am not prepared to see the pain in my children’s eyes when they start coming to terms with their humble beginnings. 

On the other hand, God doesn’t make mistakes.  They are right where they should be.  He took what was sadly, so broken and made something beautiful.

May we strive to be worthy of that blessing, and each of us – my children, myself, and AB…do truly good things with it…

There’s tremendous comfort there, I believe.