April 2, 2013

Kindergarten Round-Up

How can this be?  Friends…tell me!  You were here, right?!?  You read the posts.  He was six months old yesterday.  I swear it!  You’re my witness!

How then is it at all possible that we have received an invitation to Kindergarten Round-Up?  As in, school?  Like REAL school?  As in, blink and he’ll be a Senior in High-School kind of school?

I’m not ready for this.  (as she blows her nose into her hankie)  I mean it.  This is not exactly what I would call “easing a mother in”.  For crying out loud.  I’ve only had five measly years to prep.  {sniffle} That’s like…{cough}….nothing!  Hardly anything.  What the heck?  What, for once can we not go by dog years or something? 

Where was the memo:  “hey, you…mother over there pouring your very soul into your kids…working from sun up to sun down to make sure all is well in their little world?!  Yeah, you!  Go ahead and let those reigns go…we’ve got him from here”.  (sob….sniffle….blows nose again)  "That’s right, Mama…just pack a lunch and send him over.  We’ve got it!  See you at Graduation.“  (Wails into hands….)

{sniffle} I’m just not ready friends…how can he be five?

Don’t blink, mamas out there…

I love you, Quinty!  Don’t grow up too fast, my sweetheart.  Mama’s heart can’t take it.
Quint - Kinder

2 comments :

Tonja said...

hold on because it just goes faster as they get into school. I will have a 4th grader next year and I SWEAR he just finished kindergarten .....that's how it feels. My middle son will be in second grade yikes!!!! My youngest son will start kindergarten in august and I am sad...it just goes by so quick!! So I'm telling Bella she can't grow up!

Tonja

Carrie said...

I feel your pain. Isaac started Kinder this year and he is now counting down to the end of the year when he will be a 1st grader... NOT POSSIBLE! And he's my baby... my last one.

Don't even get me started about my oldest starting high school in a little over a year. *Sob*