Right, so let me just be honest. I have nothing to say. That's right, folks...step right up and take a good look at her...this might very well be the only time she has stopped talking in months, but nonetheless, she is...
I haven't been keeping up with reading your blogs, I haven't been commenting on your blogs, I haven't been updating my own blog at any sort of predictable pace. And usually, I'm on the lookout for funny or interesting things in my week to blog about - nada. I got nuthin'.
It's not that I have absolutely nothing to say or that we've been hermits and have had no adventures. Quite the opposite. But when I go to sit and tell you about it, it seems so boring to say "we went here" or "we did this or that". Snorefest 2007. In the interest though, of keeping some sort of loyalty among us, I will give some bullet points. Brace yourself - this is a rare post in which my attitude kind of stinks and I'm not full of cotton candy and rainbows.
- AB just finished eight weeks of "Cyrano" rehearsals to culminate in an AMAZING show with his Middle Schoolers this weekend. I was blown away by the talent, and just the level of entertainment. It was phenom!
- Ethiopia is at a stand still, I am sad to report. We were so prepared and so ready and had all our ducks in a row, and now we sit and wait for paperwork from Michigan to show up. Until it does, there is absolutely nothing we can do to move forward. Time is ticking...and we're getting more and more impatient.
- Speaking of adoption...kind of a sore subject around here. One empty nursery, a second nursery on hold, and some really wounded spirits. We are just beat down. Literally. What more can I say?
- Work is great - who can complain about working from home? But let me say this...it is not always easy to work alone. Sometimes, it just stinks. Especially when your only other house mate/ amore' is at rehearsal until 11pm at night every day and you basically live alone for 8 weeks. Still coming out of that slump. I'm seriously still so sick of the inside of my house, I could puke.
- Speaking of puke - sorry, but it was a nice segue - I'm on a new medication that, shall we say, keeps my girly cycle in line and reduces my, shall we call it "wife gone crazy" time of month symptoms. Now we've all heard of this "medicine" as it is widely used to prevent the pitter patter of little feet. In my case, since that's inconsequential to my body, I take it to control an otherwise MISERABLE time of month. MEANWHILE, the point of my bringing this up at all, is that the stupid thing has made me so nauseated 24/7 that I'm looking for a high point to jump from. Seriously. There is almost nothing worse than being sick to your stomach. And so, I looked it up online and lo and behold - there it was in black and white as the main reaction to this med "nausea and vomiting". What the frick?!?! That is sooooo not fair! So I called the doc and she said "let's not change it mid-cycle, go ahead and finish this pack out and we'll switch at the end". I said "ummmm, no. Not unless you give me something for the nausea...I can't keep this up!" So she obliged and for the first time in two weeks, I was able to eat an actual meal yesterday. I was so happy, I nearly cried. Why does everything have to be so complicated?
- Pie. Let's talk about Pie. I LOVE PIE. And lately, I've been feeling like my AB is dang good in the kitchen, and I love dessert so much, that I want to be able to do something really well in there too, alongside him. So, since he doesn't enjoy baking or making dessert, we decided that this weekend would be my initiation into homemade desserts. Today, Mixed Berry PIE with homemade crust! Tomorrow...who knows?!? Maybe three layer Chocolate Ganache? Maybe Coconut Cream? AB has decided my new nickname will be the "Pastry Princess". Since I know nothing about baking other than pre-made cake mixes and tubed or break-apart cookies - this should be really interesting! We're going to head to the store in a bit and pick up a few supplies for me and then it's time to CREATE! Pics to come!
OH! And one more thing!
- My Mom and Dad are coming to visit and will be here the 19th, and stay for a week. I'm bouncing off the walls excited. I can't wait to see them! We'll be sharing my Mom's birthday and Thanksgiving together - I am thrilled! AB is planning a great menu and we can't wait to have them here and play, play, play!