February 29, 2012

29 Days of Love–Final Thoughts

29 Days of Love - Final

I guess it’s redundant to tell you how much I love and adore my kids and AB – but it’s truth.  Still, as I told you, I struggled this month to express that love in tangible ways.  I thought this challenge was a no-brainer.  Do some fun stuff to show your love.  And some days it was easy and others, it was practically impossible.  Not what I hoped or expected!

Some days I was so bound up by the tantrums and the meltdowns and the running here and there and everywhere that is our life right now – that I just kind of slipped out of the mindset of showing love.  Frankly, I slipped into a more unhappy and not so loveable version of myself who we should just forget about.  Mmkay?

I’m not proud that I didn’t finish this month strong – honestly, I’m disappointed in myself.  I thought this was going to be such a fun one – and instead, life took over and February was gone before I could blink.  Still, I think putting the challenge before yourself and saying “I’m going to try to do this month different than all the other February’s I’ve had” – well, that’s still something.  And even if you only manage to do four or ten of those days – at least you tried.  Right?  Right?  Somebody?  Gulp. 

I’m hoping that you did better than I did.  That would actually make me really happy.  I’m hoping that someone out there really took the idea and ran with it!  I’m hoping that it jumpstarted for some of you, a feeling of love and displays of affection that in the busyness of life can be easy to let slip by.

As for Anton and I, we are really missing January’s challenge – and perhaps that has taken the wind out of February for us.  We really made some great changes with 30 Days of Nothing {Unhealthy}, and now it feels like it’s all slipping right back.  More for me and less for him – but still.  I keep thinking that we might have to do a “re-mix” of that challenge again this summer.  Still thinking about it…anyone up for that?

Come back tomorrow to see where we’re heading in March (the blog design will give it all away!) and to sign up for March’s “31 Days to KICK a Bad Habit”!

Meanwhile, back to the loves of my life…

   IMG_9908
IMG_9884   IMG_9935
IMG_9954      IMG_9966
IMG_9975

2 comments :

Paula said...

Oh my gosh - I just ADORE your photos and what you're able to capture!!! Memories to last a lifetime, for sure!

Paula said...

Oh my gosh - I just ADORE your photos and what you're able to capture!!! Memories to last a lifetime, for sure!