October 3, 2006

Ancient Chinese Secret...

Actually, it's not a secret - just some good sound advice for this process of adoption. The first one says "Perseverance: Don't give up until the goal is reached". Well, we all know what the goal is...or who, rather. Sounds like a plan to me...

This one says "Assistance: People help each other in times of need". As I've walked this road, I've found the most amazing people to keep me company, share my burdens, and keep me laughing. I hope you have too. And always remember that reaching out and helping those around you that are so close they can taste it, stuck in the middle ground, or just starting this daunting journey, is the best way to make the time fly. I don't know what I would do without my gal pals who are in the same boat, or without those amazing moms who have walked the walk already.
Last but not least, this one says "Celebrate: Honor the person who reached his goals". Over the next few months as we watch those who came before us go on to get their sweet babies, let's remember to cheer them on, celebrate with them and for them, and to be a strong net of support when they return and need our friendship.

Celebrate! Because you're next...it may take some time, but you're next...and we'll all be here - every day to ooh and aww and share your joy.

Here's to the babies and families finally united ~

3 comments :

Elle said...

Very cool and so true!

4D said...

What a great reminder!

Keep smilin!

Valerie said...

You have a great attitude and the pictures are great.