That there, folks, is the slow boat to China and we're on it!
It's been a long time coming, and a short walk around the block. It's been the best of times and the worst of times...(haha!) and I can't lie and say it was always easy, but I can't fib and say it was always hard...
Here's to us and our longevity in the pursuit of our daughter, Keira Joy!
And to the year of LID in pictures...(above)
Here's what we did with our year: (and this is only what I can remember, mind you!)
Took vacations to:
- San Antonio
- New York
- California for summer
- New York again
Went to See:
- Mama Mia
- The Lion King on Broadway
- The Drowsy Chaperone on Broadway
- You're a Good Man Charlie Brown
- The Phantom Tollbooth
- Who Am I this time?
- Disney Princesses on Ice
- The Dallas Cowboys at Cowboy Stadium
- Ab turning 36 (amended...my bad...35!)
- CB turning 32
- 12 LID's every 29th of the month
- our 5th wedding Anniversary
- Our 7th dating anniversary (don't laugh!)
- Living in our home and in Texas for 3 years
- Superbowl Sunday with 30 guests
- Working from Home!!
Said goodbye to:
- Grandpa N
- Great Grandpa N
- Meggie, our kitty
Spent our Summer:
- Swimming all the time and reading by the pool
- Barbecuing and having friends over
- Football Camp in Arizona for a week
- Visiting California
- M3 Get-togethers
- Our pets crazy antics
- Getting a Secret Pal and spoiling mine
- Shopping for Keira
- Eating AB's yummy creations
- Church Choir and Worship Team
- Watching our wait get longer and longer
- Having my father get so ill
- Being away from AB for a month while I was with my Dad
- Seeing Meggie for the last time and not knowing she wouldn't be back
- Walking in Keira's room and having her not be in there
Things I loved about this year:
- Meeting five of the greatest friends a girl could ask for and spending more and more time with them
- Watching Keira's room and closet grow and become beautiful
- Getting to go to New York, Disneyland, and San Antonio!!
- All the shows we got to see
- Hosting my cousin and her hubby while they came to adopt their son!
- Learning to play Wii and my DS Lite
- Sitting in bed and playing DS cards with my hubby
- Snuggling with my dogs every night at bedtime
- Having quiet morning coffee all to myself
- Serving at my Church
- Going in Keira's room and praying for her - just being in her room makes me feel closer to her
- Ushering in the New Year with all my M3 Posse and their hubbies
To say it's been a full 12 months, is a bit of an understatement. The odd thing is, I really didn't recall doing so much! I challenge anyone who is up to it, to create a slide show and list of how you've spent your wait - whether that be 14 months, 12, or six. If you take the challenge, be sure to post a comment here letting me know. I would love to see your year in pictures! and repeat after me...
"I will not let this wait get me down!!!" (most of the time, any way)
LOVE AND HUGS!